1 - Auditions

*-*

Walking down the street of your new apartment, you saw a poster hanging off one of the power line poles. Seeing as you had nothing else to do, you decided to walk over and check it out.

Grabbing the paper, you read it over quickly.

BAND AUDITIONS !

Spots needed : Back-up vocals , drummer , pianist

Place - 576 Maurander Street

Time - Friday, July 12th at 1:00 pm

I play the drums and I'm out of a job. Maybe this could be it for me? You thought to yourself, taking the paper and beginning to walk back to your apartment. Auditions were Friday so you'd need to practice hard as this might be your only shot at getting into a band.

*-*

Walking through your front door, you were greeted with your cat, Sylvester, rubbing against your leg most likely begging for food.

"Hello to you too, Sylv," you say, kneeling down and petting your cat gently.

Sylvester was a 2 year old Maine Coon who you took into your home after finding him in a box on your way home from school. Your parents gratefully allowed you to keep him as long as you took care of him yourself.

You walked into your kitchen and grabbed the cat food bag from one of the cabinets and poured about a cup of it into Sylvesters bowl. Afterwards, you took his other bowl and filled it with water before placing it back.

Sylvester came running into the kitchen while you moved to a room further into your home which you deemed as your practice room.

The room was smaller than the rest of the rooms in the house, but was big enough to hold your drum set, a few tables scattered with music, and other back-up drums in case yours broke in some way.

Setting the audition paper on one of the tables, you walked over to your drum set and sat down on the stool you set behind it. Grabbing your drumsticks, you began to beat them against the Hi-Tom and Medium-Tom drums to create some sort of beat. Adding a few notes with the Bass Drum and the Cymbals, you were getting somewhere with this.

You usually tried to find different beats by experimenting and then would write them down afterwards.

It took you about ten minutes to get the beat developed and etched permanently in your mind before you got up and set the drumsticks down and walked over to one of the tables. You grabbed a sheet of paper along with a pencil and began to write the rhythm down. After you were satisfied with your work, you placed the paper in a folder along with more of your written beats and walked back out of the room.

*-*

The days leading up to the audition were full of repetition as you didn't know anyone in the town just yet and you also didn't have a stable job.

With the paper in your hand and your phones GPS, you made your way to 576 Maurander Street.

The place where the auditions were held were in the garage of one of the band members homes. The home itself had a soft blue exterior with occasional small white designs along it. Everything else about the home seemed like the rest in the neighborhood---neat and tidy.

The garage door was open to reveal a small group of people gathered. A couple sets of instruments were set out containing a drum set, a piano, and a microphone.

Walking over to the group of people, you just gathered along with them and waited until a person spoke out.

The time was 12:55 p.m.