Chapter 5: The Raptor Pen

I laid in my bed wondering if I should investigate the noise or not.  Maybe one of the boys are getting something to eat.  I reasoned to myself.  Or maybe one of them is trying to sneak out.  The half of me that wants to investigate counters.  I sigh quietly before making up my mind.   I shiver slightly at the cold night air as I quietly exit the bed, being careful not to disturb the other girls.  I'll take a quick look then come back in.  I resolve as I aproach the door.  Silently I pull open and close the door behind me, entering the dark hallway.  Whoever it is won't see me if I shift.  I walk a little further down the hall, close to where it enters the lounge before changing.

The sensation of my clothes melding into my skin as I shrink lower to the ground causes my skin to prickle.  My tail becomes loose from it's confines and waves around in it's new found freedom.  My ears perk upwards now that the beanie is gone.  This entire process happens in a matter of seconds but to me it feels like ages.  It's been so long since I've needed to shift.  I'm about as tall as a person's knee maybe a bit shorter as I slink forward in the darkness.  My eyes slowly ajust to my enhanced night vision now that I'm fully in my bengal form.  My paws don't make much of a sound against the wooden floor as I make my way into the commons, which is faintly lit by some moonlight..  I sniff the air to see if I can smell who it is, but can't tell the difference between which of the three boys it could be.  It's probably Kenji or Darius, Ben doesn't seem like the kind of person to do something like this.  I feel my body stiffen at the sound of footseps coming closer.  Noticing the T-rex skeleton, I leap onto the platform below it hiding in the small bushes that lead to one of the counters near the water and snack area.

From my vantage point I can see a shadow sneak out into the open cautiously from the hallway that leads to the boys room.  I can fainly make out a yellow jacket and blue jeans due to the moonlight.  Darius... What are you doing?  I growl inwardly.  Another figure soon follows,  sneaking over to the elevator and the light switch.  Kenji,  I silently move further into the bushes encase the light gets turned on, furrowing my ears closer to my head in annoyance.  Darius looks out the window that leads to the balcony seeming to focus on something in the distance.  The lights are flicked on causing me to squeeze my eyes shut at the sudden change and Darius to gasp in supprise.  "Oh, hey there, dino-nerd. Whatcha doing?"  Kenji's voice sounds from near the elevator putting stress on 'dino-nerd'.  I could ask you the same thing, and didn't Brook call Darius that at the zipline?  Darius quickly turned to face him in shock and supprise.

"Huh? Uh... nothing!" Darius quickly says, "I was just, uh, heading out 'cause... thirsty."  Durring his explination his hands point in both directions before he points at his mouth with an akward smile.  Definitley not suspicious, I thought to myself sarcasticaly.  Kenji who I can't see points over to the water dispencer before making his way over to it.  I shink lower in the small bush as he passes me.  He was wearing a blue longsleve shirt now, rather than his pink polo.  "Oh, yeah. I... I meant, um... hungry" Darius says trying a new tactic as he walks towards Kenji.  This causes Kenji to tap on the snack cuboard a few times while standing in front of what look like candy dispencers.  I didn't realy know as I didn't get a good look at it before.  "Oh, heh, look at that. Thanks, kenji."  Darius's voice trails off as he tries to open one of the cuboards.

"Look, bro." Kenji says nonchalantly as he grabs Darius's wrist and closes the cuboard.  "I don't want you to be intimindated by me just because I'm rich, my father owns a few condos on the island, and I'm rich."  You're less intimidating than a housefly K-pop, I growl as he puts his arm around Darius's shoulder.

Darius looks at Kenji confused, "uh, I'm not intimidated by you."

"Oh, good" Kenji brushes nonexistent dirt of Darius's Jacket earning him an annoyed look from Darius and an annoyed glare from me.  "I just want us to be friends, and friends tell each other stuff."  Kenji continues looking around pretending to be thinking, "For instance, what they're doing out of bed after curfew, what do you think?"  Kenji looks at Darius with a smug smile while Darius thinks of a responce.