A Respected Player | 2

"What are you doing here?!" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙋𝙊𝙑 

"Hinata-saaaan. You run to fast, you left me in the dust" You complain as you collapse on his back, surprised by how strong he is. 

"Eh!?" Surprised by the sudden contact, he jumps away. 

"(l/n)-san?" A familiar voice calls out. 

"Tobiyolo! What are you doing here? I thought for sure you would go to Shiratorizawa!" You exclaim happily. 

"I could say the same for you, (l/n)-san." Tobio responds.

"R- right!" Hinata says, trying to insert himself into our conversation. "How am I supposed to beat you if we're on the same team! They're other schools out there besides this one that, y'know, scream powerhouse! How come you didn't go to one of those?!" He points at Tobio with a 'you're-scary-but-i-can-be-scarier' kind of look ... but it doesn't really work.

"I did apply to the best volleyball school in the prefecture ... And I was rejected." 

You couldn't help but burst out laughing. "I forgot you were stupid!" You wipe a tear from your eye. "You're so smart when it comes to volleyball that I forget that your stupid academically!" 

At the same time, Hinata yells, "Your were rejected! Even though you're the 'King of the Court'?!" 

Tobio got serious. "You ... I'm only gonna tell you this once ... don't call me that!" 

As Tobio glares at Hinata who backs away, a loud voice interrupts. 

"Man, who woulda thunk that Kitagawa Daichii's star setter would come to us, right? I betcha he's a smart-mouthed little brat though." 

"Oh, c'mon. Stop trying to intimidate everyone." 

"I- I'm not tryin' to intimidate nobody, I swear!" 

"Good Afternoon!" Tobio says to the incoming upperclassmen. 

"Yo." 

Three people come in wearing jackets that read 'Karasuno High School Volleyball Team'. 

"You're Kageyama, right?" The black haired one asks. 

"Sir!" Tobio replies, all stiff. 

"Good to have you!" He says cheerily. 

"Wow. You've grown since last year." The silver haired one remarks. [suga my looove 💞💞💞]

"C'mon, Suga-san! First impressions are important! You gotta step up and show this snot-nosed little first year brat all that third-year dignity and stuff!" The bald one says to the silver haired boy, assumingly Suga. 

You watch as Hinata tries to get the senior's attention, who are currently occupied with Tobio, with an amused expression. Should I help him? Nahhh, this is peak comedy. 

"Um, excuse me, b- but, hello!" Hinata suddenly yells, getting their attention. 

"Hnn? It's you!! The pint-sized number one!" Tanaka exclaims. 

"What!" Daichi looks at the sign-up sheet. "Then the 'Hinata' on this other sign-up form ... This is you?" 

"Huh? Umm..." 

Before Hinata can finish, Daichi interrupts "Wow, now this is a surprise. Hunh! So you both came to Karasuno...!" 

As they continue to talk about volleyball, you tune them out until you hear Hinata. 

"Even though I'm short, I can fly! I'm going to be Karasuno's new ace!" 

Wow. I admire him for that. You think as Tobio says, "Hold it. If you're declaring yourself ace already, that'd better mean that you actually got good since then. Keep messing around like before ... and you'll just flush another three years down the toilet." 

Taken aback by his harsh words, you start to say, "Hey Tobio, you didn't-" As Hinata said, "I did the best I--" He looked bitter.

"But ... you have no right ... to make it sound like everything I did was meaningless!" 

Hinata challenges Tobio as the vice principal walks in. 

You watch as Tobio walks up to serve. A jump serve? He must have improved a lot while I was... You shake your head as you continue to watch. 

"One more." Hinata gets serious. 

Tobio serves again as ... Hinata gets in position to receive it!? 

However, the ball hits him in the face and goes flying towards the vice principal. 

You try to hold back your laughter as his toupee flies onto Daichi's head. 

ᆞ30 minutes laterᆞ

Daichi comes back in and explains the situation. Foolishly, Tobio and Hinata interrupt to fight again. 

You tune out his speech until you hear, " 'The Fallen Champions' ... and the 'The Clipped-Wing Crows' 

I still remember the year when Karasuno qualified for nationals in the Spring Tournament. Students from the nearby high school ... some of the same kids I'd pass by on the street ...  went to Tokyo to play in a huge stadium against the best of the best for tens of thousands of fans. Just the thought of it is enough to give me shivers. 

We're going to go there again. 

Never again ... are we going to let them call us Clipped-Winged Crows." 

Chills. Literal Chills. You think as you watch Hinata and Tobio get kicked out. 

"So, uh. That was a nice speech there, Daichi-Senpai. I'm just gonna go now cause I felt kind of out of place here the whole time soooo, bye!" You say as you sprint out of the gym. 

That was enough human interaction today! 

『author's』『note』

hello my beautiful [insert nationality] king/queen/monarch[?] 
tis' i, your loyal knight mimi 
i rlly hate this chapter 
the writing was inconsistent and it was so boring and bland 
like, 80% of this chapter was me reciting lines from the book :/ 
negl i gave up halfway through the chapter if u can't tell 
ty for reading through it though !