𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐕

𝐒𝐀𝐅𝐄 𝐙𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝟎𝟎𝟏:
𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐕

"ˢᶜʳᵉʷ ᵗʰⁱˢ ʷʰᵒˡᵉ ᵈᵉᵇᵃᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᵉᵗ ʰᵉʳ ˢᵗᵃʸ"

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

CALCULATING GAZES lay upon her as she thought about what to say to the new faces for her to be able to convince them. An hour ago she didn't think she'd be stuck in such a predicament and yet here she was, surrounded by multiple new faces that she couldn't trust yet. The only person she could trust in this room was Duri. It was quite overwhelming for her, one wrong word and they might decide to throw her out of the shelter.

"Once you are infected, the symptoms arise within an hour," She finally spoke despite her nervous state. Surprisingly enough, one of the silent elements decides to agree with her. "I don't think she's infected," Ais spoke with a nod, earning the attention of everyone inside the room. But despite that, there are still speculations and suspicions about this matter.

"W-what if she's an exception? We can't take that risk," Gopal reluctantly pointed out, a bead of sweat forming on his forehead. "Now you're not even making sense anymore, Gopal," Gempa facepalmed, giving their friend a look of disbelief. "Let's just hear her out," The girl with glasses crossed her arms and sighed at the stubborn behavior of their oldest friend in the group.

"Ehehe... Sorry," Gopal rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he looked away from them.

"I know you guys don't want me here, but I can really make myself useful," Y/n fixed her throat to catch their attention once again, finding the voice to speak out. "Before I met you guys, I found some food," She began, catching the interest of the person who was against her staying here in the first place. "Food you say?" As if he had a major switch up, Gopal's eyes sparkled at this, making everyone not surprised yet dumbfoundead.

He mentioned that they are low on food, so that should be able to convince him enough, hopefully. I did take some food at the grocery store before. "Hehe, nice to meet you new friend! Where are you from? The other town perhaps? What type of food do you like? I like many types of food-" Gopal began shaking her hands rapidly, a thrilled expression evident in his face.

"Great, she got Gopal," the raven-haired one sighed at the scene, finding his friends completely hopeless in times of an apocalypse. Y/n tensed at the sudden friendliness of the young man before her, smiling nervously as she didn't know how to respond to his sudden turn. "Surprising yet not unexpected," Solar commented, rolling his eyes in the process.

"I'm not going to hold you guys back, I promise. I'm really thankful you guys helped me out there," She began once Gopal let go of her hand, glancing at every single one of them with a grateful expression. "I'll make sure not to put you in danger like that ever again. And also..." She trailed off, looking around only to meet Gempa's comforting smile, urging her to continue despite the anxiety that's been building up ever since she was given the opportunity to speak.

She let out a sigh before opening her bag that she brought with them. "I also got some enough food for us," She takes out multiple packet buns from the bag. "Ooh! Flavored buns, now that's a new change from the canned food we've been eating ever since we got here!" Gopal beamed, scanning the goods that she revealed to them. "Be grateful you had something to eat, or you would've died from starvation. If ever, those cans saved you," the raven haired one commented with a scoff.