Chapter Five

It was four in the morning and I was still awake. It's hard to sleep with the center of your universe so far away from you. I didn't have a significant other, hell, I didn't even have a fucking crush. No, what I had was a thousand times better than that and at the current moment they were probably curled up with Tricia. Tricia, being the 'loving' sister she is, had agreed to watch over them for the night. God did I miss those two though.

Story time, I guess. It all started about the time I was just coming into adulthood, I must have been about Tweek's age back then. Clyde had thrown a raging party, invited a shit ton of people, both male and female. I ended up wasted off my ass and, well, one drunk night and two months later, I got a call from a girl claiming to be pregnant with my kid. Now, I'm gay. Like super gay. Girls don't catch my eye in any way, but their boyfriend might.

So, logically, I was very confused. She dragged me to a few of her appointments and had the doctors prove the kid was mine. Apparently, drunk Craig can't tell genders and just wanted to poke someone. Thus I became a dad at nineteen.

Once I accepted that I did indeed get this chick pregnant, we decided since she was not mom material, I would get full custody at birth. She signed a legal document stating once the kid or kids left her body, all her rights as a parent left with them. In other words, ten years down the line, if she decided she wanted them back, she had no legal right to take them. She was not entitled to visitation, she was essentially a stranger with no ties to them. Now, after that was said and done, we found out there wasn't just one baby. She was carrying twins.

Sylvia, the twins' biological mother, agreed that both kids would be mine. She stated that she would never want them. She wasn't a bad person, just not the type of person you leave with a kid. She had no motherly instincts and truly despised children. It wasn't a fight to get her to sign over all rights to the kids. We kept in contact over the last four years and I've sent her pictures of the brats. She's happy to see they're healthy, but still holds no love or desire to see them. Sylvia had suggested I find them a secondary parent. Her wording not mine. Essentially, what she suggested was that I find them a mom figure, but left out the gender roll of that figure. Secondary parent. A second parent the kids could turn to in a time of need or who could care for them if I couldn't for some reason. I could see her point, but love was never something that came easy for me.

So the end of story is that I had twins sleeping at my sister's and a baby mom who hated kids and wanted nothing to do with them. They were the reason I was up at four in the morning listening to Tweek's soft breaths, Clyde's train wreck snoring, and Kenny's uncomfortable moaning. I'm fairly sure that boy is having a wet dream about his husband who's sound asleep next to him, probably dreaming about butterflies or puppies or something equally as innocent.

I missed my kids. I suck at naming so sadly the poor kids have some weird names. I named them after stars, as it had always been my dream to be out there in the universe. There was Star Lily, my daughter, named after the starry night and a flower, and Cael Orion, my son, named after a faint constellation and the rising star of another constellation.

My daughter was a small child with pale white skin, black hair and a pair of unique eyes. Her left one was a vibrant blue that resembled the ocean, but her right was such a dark, rich brown that it almost looked black. She was thin and wispy but strong willed and intelligent, preferring darker tones in her clothes, toys, and possessions over all.

Her brother was tall with Sylvia's white blonde hair and my dark gray-blue eyes. His skin was a faint tanned tone that gave him a sun-kissed look. He was oddly muscular for a four year old and very sarcastic. It was obvious he took after me in that aspect. He always seemed to prefer clothes in tones of either bright greens or bright blues. When you put the twins beside each other you couldn't even tell they were related let alone twins. Sighing, I returned to staring at the blonde curled into my side.