13

Blair POV.

Robert picks me up at the airport. I walk out of the arrivals gate and see him in the crowd. He comes up to me, gives me a big hug and asks, "Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere is fine."

For the next week, I roam around, exploring mountains, beaches, museums, and art galleries.

On the eighth day in country B, Robert takes me to the famous casino city. The night sky is adorned with stars, and luxury cars line up in front of the castle gates. Inside, guests are dressed lavishly, casually tossing out thousands of chips amidst laughter.

Tall and handsome attendants serve champagne through the crowd, while musicians perform live on the steps, creating a lively background.

I went to the casino city when I was in college, but I didn't understand gambling. I didn't even know the exact number of cards in the deck. And I wasn't interested in how those cards with numbers interacted in different combinations, so I lost a lot.

But this time, I have Robert.

He has a natural understanding of numbers. Sitting at the table, he occasionally smiles and asks me if I want to follow him. By midnight, the chips we've accumulated have piled up like small mountains. The next second, dazzling fireworks suddenly burst out over the castle, and everyone rushs outside to watch.

I join the crowd with a glass of wine in hand. Colorful fireworks reflect on everyone's faces, and they are all smiling.

Suddenly, I remember that I used to fantasize about watching fireworks with George.

The night breeze blows, and I shiver slightly, feeling a bit cold.

A piece of clothing suddenly drapes over my shoulders, I turn to see Robert.

"Why are you crying?" Robert asks, looking at me amidst the laughter of the crowd.

I place the empty glass on the windowsill, touch my face, only to realize it's wet. "I just... I don't have a home."

"I can give you a home," Robert says, looking at me without blinking.

I wipe away my tears, and my vision goes from blurry to clear. "I want a home by the lake."

"Sure."

"I want a fireplace in the house, to warm ourselves in winter."

"Sure."

"I want a study with many many books..."

Robert interrupts me, "Sure, Blair, whatever you want, I can make it happen."

A huge green firework suddenly explodes, and his face suddenly appears radiant like a lake.

"Blair, actually, I have liked you since college, but I know that you are a migratory bird, you are only staying in country B for a short time, and you will go home sooner or later."

"But last time you came here on a business trip, I could tell you were not happy at home. I was worried for you, but also a little happy, thinking that maybe you would stay here. I'm sorry, I know I'm selfish, but I..."

I take two steps forward, tiptoe, and kiss his lips. There's light in his eyes, but also a bit of water, like stars falling on a water surface.

Robert holds me and takes me to the hotel room. He gently lies me on the big bed, kisses my lips lovingly, and then kisses my neck, and gently strokes my body with one hand through my clothes.

The room is dark, and I let out a soft moan at his gentle comfort. Robert sits up, panting, and begins to take off his clothes.

The night wind blows through the curtains, and I look at the blurry night outside, inexplicably bursting into tears again. My cries are silent, but Robert notices nonetheless.