Chapter One: Midsummer

The cold wind picked up, whipping my hair around my head. I stared out at the icy sea off the Norway coast. Normal humans would be shivering to keep warm, but I was not a normal human. I was not even a human anymore. For two years I have been an abomination to this world. Only a few people know of my true nature. How are you supposed to tell people "Hey my father bit me, activating my vampire genes and giving me werewolf DNA, while still being a witch"? Yeah you really can't start a conversation that way.

Sea spray washed on my skin as a particularly large wave hit the rocks beneath me. From the top of the cliff, I watched the waves roll in with intensity. The stormy clouds above crackled with electricity. I smiled at the sight. Here my memories could roam freely. Draco's eyes flashed in my mind. Storms at the sea always reminded me of those eyes.

My wolf kept my emotions under control as I thought of Draco. If it weren't for her I would be a sobbing mess. She kept me alive here. I was very thankful for the strength of my wolf.

They are coming, she whispered in my mind. I let her take over so that I could compose myself. She was in our wolf form within seconds. Now I could feel the wolves on their way to find me. I knew they could feel me too so I stayed in place.

Maddox was the first to meet me. His sister, Mavis, and Warrick were right behind him. They all held animalistic grins. Warrick's tongue lolled out of his bear mouth. He was never serious even in the worst of situations.

"Tova what are you doing out here? We've been looking everywhere for you. The feast is going to start soon," Maddox spoke to my wolf in our minds.

Tova perked up at the thought of the feast. "We just needed some time away from your dad."

I could feel their understanding within the pack link. Maddox and Mavis's dad was a bit unbearable at times. He was the pack leader after all. Ever since I joined the pack he had been wary of me. He probably should since I am spying on him. Dumbledore gave me special instructions before I left Hogwarts to spy on Madden and his pack. Madden's pack is one of the largest shape shifter packs in Europe. Voldemort would not pass on the chance on having shape shifters as an ally. For the past two years he hasn't made the move though. Both my wolf and I have been getting restless.

"Ronan needs to talk to you before you after the feast though. It seemed like it was pretty serious," Mavis told me, breaking my thoughts.

Warrick let out a laugh in our minds. "When is ever not serious?"

Mavis nudged his shoulder with her fox head. "Maybe because you're always a pain in his arse." Warrick let out another laugh as he pushed her with his body. That started a full out pushing match.

Maddox rolled his eyes at them before turning back to me. "Want to race back?"

My wolf grinned. Tova was always up for a race. We trotted up to him and got into a racing stance. "How much do you want to bet?"

"Dessert tonight? I'll give you my dessert, only if you win. But if I win..." I felt his mood shift. I knew this wouldn't be good. "You'll be my dessert."

Tova let out a scoff. "You are most definitely going to lose." She hated when Maddox flirted with us. He didn't mean it; it was all in good fun. It still was awkward nonetheless. No one could ever replace Draco.

Mavis and Warrick finished their fighting and moved in their own racing stances. "We're joining in, but I just want dessert, no offense Tova," Mavis snickered in our minds.

I let out an amused laugh. "We all know you want this hot piece of arse, Mavis. But you can keep lying to yourself if it makes you feel better."

"Can we just race? I am hungry!" Warrick whined.