Chapter 6: Paying Homage

(Three Weeks Later)

Y/N's POV

So it's been three weeks since the prom and since Desiree and I started dating.

School is also out now for summer and I've gotta find a summer job. Which I've been trying to do as I've put in applications.

Right now, Desiree and I are meeting our friends at the local diner called Benji's.

We walk inside.

Desiree: So have you been here before?

Y/N: I stopped in once to use the bathroom. But I've never actually sat down.

Desiree: Well now you can.

The two of us go over to the group.

After greeting them, Desiree and I sit down.

McKenzie: Hey, Y/N, did you get a chance to check out the new Stab movie?

Y/N: Oh my god. It was so awesome. The scares in it were off the charts.

Riley: You two are such geeks.

They laugh.

Y/N: I'll have you know. Stab is an amazing franchise with multiple movies that goes beyond just your standard horror movie.

Adam: Oh yeah, Freddy Kruger and how's that?

Y/N: It's a genre-defining series. It's like a love letter to horror fans, paying homage to classic slasher films while also subverting expectations with its self-awareness and clever twists. Plus, it's not just about the scares; it's about the characters, the mystery, and the tension that keeps you on the edge of your seat. "Stab" isn't just a movie franchise; it's a cultural phenomenon that has left its mark on the horror genre forever.

They all look at me speechless.

Y/N: What?

Caleb: You didn't have a life before you moved here, did you?

They laugh.

Desiree: Guys, come on, Y/N has a point.

Adam: Oh I'm sure plus, I mean, this last scream movie had a guy named Y/N.

Y/N: He's right. Y/N L/N, he's the son of one of the original scream killers Roman Bridger.

Jessica: Wow, uh, that's kinda creepy.

McKenzie: Not as creepy as Samantha Carpenter being the daughter of Billy Loomis.

Y/N: Guys all I'm saying is, the Stab franchise is off the carts, sure some of them sucked but it's an amazing genre that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

McKenzie: Agreed.

Y/N: Let's just hope they don't make a spinoff.

Adam: Spinoffs suck.

Y/N: I'll eat to that.

After this we all order our food.

After a moment or so, Desiree's father comes up to us.

I haven't met him but I have seen photos.

Devin: Hey kids.

Desiree: Hey dad.

Caleb: Hi dad.

Devin: And how are we doing today? Enjoying summer break so far?

Jessica: Oh I can find a way to enjoy it.

Jessica winks at me.