episode 9

episode nine | typa girl

previously on 'Single's Inferno 2':

"Me?" Jinyoung sighs, his facade crumbling to reveal a hint of vulnerability. "It's complicated for me too," he confesses, his gaze locking with hers, baring his soul in that fleeting moment of honesty.

"Is it?" Aria wonders aloud, her curiosity piqued by his admission. "What's complicated? Can you tell me?"

"Well..." Jinyoung begins, his words hesitant as he searches for the right way to express his inner turmoil. "Whenever I talk to you, I just want to keep you for myself, Aria-ssi, but you seem to always go back to Yoongjae-ssi."

-

"Minsu-ssi, I'm genuinely curious. What was the purpose of our conversation yesterday if you didn't intend to consider my feelings?" she asks, her voice tinged with genuine curiosity.

Minsu's smile wavers slightly, but she maintains her composure as she responds. "I hope I didn't upset you, Aria-ssi," she says softly. "That wasn't my intention. I simply assumed you and Jinyoung weren't particularly close, and I thought it might be an opportunity for me to explore a connection with him. But when you expressed your desire to go to Paradise with him, I realized that everyone has their own preferences and motivations. I'm here to find a boyfriend, Aria-ssi, not to prioritize friendships."

----

- GIRL'S TENT -

Aria sits patiently inside the tent, her heart racing. The other girls around her fidget nervously, sharing her anxious anticipation. They are all waiting for the master to announce when the three winners can finally choose the person they want to take to paradise. The air is thick with excitement and tension.

Suddenly, as if on cue, the intercom chimes loudly, breaking the silence. A voice echoes through the tent. "We will now match the couples who will go on a date in Paradise," it begins. "Those who won the chance to go on a date in Paradise through the game earlier, Lee So-e, Park Aria, and Lee Nadine, please come out to the campfire." The announcement sends a wave of excitement through the tent.

Aria and Nadine quickly exchange a glance before groaning nervously. Nadine breaks the tension with a chuckle. "Did you decide who you're picking—wait, don't answer that, I already know." She laughs, the sound light and teasing.

Aria playfully slaps Nadine's shoulder, rolling her eyes at her friend's antics before joining in the laughter. Their shared amusement briefly eases the nerves that had been building up all evening.

So-e, who had been quietly observing, finally speaks up as she rises from her bed. "What if I haven't decided yet?"

Nadine turns to her with a reassuring smile. "I haven't decided yet, either," she admits, her gaze softening.

- BOY'S TENT -

As the boys quickly take seats on their own beds, Dongwoo decides to break the silence, voicing something he's been curious about. "I wonder who Aria's going to choose," he mutters, glancing around at the others.

"Aria's going to choose Jinyoung," Se-jun speaks up with a playful smile, aiming a teasing look at Jinyoung.

"Me?" Jinyoung laughs, his cheeks turning red. He tries to play it cool but can't hide his smile. "If she doesn't, i'm going to have a serious chat with her." He laughs trying to lighten up the mood.

Hanbin speaks up for the first time since the conversation started. "If Aria chooses Jinyoung, who will Nadine choose?" He looks directly at Jinyoung, raising an eyebrow. "Wasn't she trying to get to know you too?"