● chapter 20. ○

CWs: implied self-harm, christian, violence, blood, mentioned kidnapping, obsessive romance, mentions of pedophilia.

this chapter is hard to read at times. it was hard to write. proceed with caution.

please inform me if there's anything in this chapter that should be put in the cws and isnt.

○●☆●○

Shaky hands played with short, platinum blonde hair. The other girl was sleeping, and that's the only reason The Rabbit was able to get away with caressing her the way she was. Her touches were feather-light and innocent.

In The Rabbit's eyes, Molly Klein was beautiful. A lot stronger than her and scary at times, sure, but beautiful. The killer wished she could show her affection like this when Molly was awake, but the blonde never let her. The Rabbit, even if it was difficult to restrain herself at times, respected that wish, and respected every other boundary Molly set.

Even if that boundary regarded Gabriel, the boy she really wanted to kill.

"If you want her to like you so bad, why not just let her go?" The ravenet boy asked, as if the answer were that easy. Gabriel was kidnapped to be killed (another member's attempt at revenge on Gabriel's boyfriend) and nothing else, but they'd made a mistake by kidnapping Molly at the same time.

Ever since they arrived, Molly hadn't let anyone lay a finger on Gabriel, and The Rabbit had paid every single member in advance to not touch Molly. If they couldn't get past Molly, they couldn't get to Gabriel.

The Rabbit didn't care to entertain the boy. Even though she desired his death, or, at least, his absence, she wouldn't hurt him. Not when Molly was so keen on protecting him for a reason The Rabbit didn't quite understand. She supposed she didn't understand a lot of things.

"Not sure why you hate me so much, either," Gabriel spoke, too relaxed for his situation. The Rabbit didn't know why he kept talking when it was clear he wasn't going to get a response. "It's not like I'm on Molly's radar at all."

The Rabbit froze, just slightly. Being read correctly was disturbing to her, even though it wasn't the hardest thing to figure out. She didn't like Gabriel because she didn't want Molly to like Gabriel. She knew that - that the chances of Molly feeling that way were very low; she wasn't... attracted to men, but there was still a clawing feeling...

"If not for Molly, you would be dead," The Rabbit told him, her voice barely a whisper. Her hands still mapped out the more delicate features of Molly's face. The way her nose flattened where The Rabbit's own poked out, where her long eyelashes twitched when the killer's hands got too close to more sensitive patches of skin, where her upper lip lacked the cupid's bow most people had.

Very faint freckles dotted her skin, most apparent around her shoulders, cheeks, and across the bridge of her nose. The Rabbit's gentle fingers tapped over them, mesmerized yet timid.

"She'll never like you back, Mila," Gabriel emphasized her name with a tone that The Rabbit wasn't socially equipped enough to recognize. She disliked it, however, her eyes crushing shut as she calmed herself from making any abrupt decisions.

Mila had not been afraid to show her face to both of the captives. They recognized her from school, and cursed her to hell and back that day. Though she was unafraid of them knowing who she was, she didn't like being addressed that way by Gabriel. She preferred for the boy to not refer to her at all.

The Rabbit might've responded, but in that moment, Molly's eyes fluttered open. They were brown, and The Rabbit only admired them from her position for a millisecond before flinching back. She moved away, still sitting, and pulled her mask back on for no reason other than how red her face became, being caught like that...