˗ˏˋchap. 14 ☆ skating hatersˎˊ˗

"Mhm" / they didn't really think that Miya would open up that quickly.

"In fifth grade they decided that we shouldn't be friends anymore and ended it after a skating practice"

"They tell you a reason why?" /

"Well yeah, but it didn't really make sense to me"

"oh, that's all I heard" /

"Mhm, has Takashi ever said anything like.. bad?"

"About you?" /

"About anyone" hearing him speak lower almost at a whisper. Not wanting to sound like it was a self-centered question. Hoping they would get the hint.

"While they all tol-" /

Miya interrupts, confused about the wording. Why all.

"They all?" All confused

"Well, only Hiro and Taka" /

"Hiro? I never really knew him"

"That's weird, because Taka told me that Hiro gave me some kind of warning." they sighed. "he said to stay away from you" Y/N hesitated to tell him, not wanting him to overthink anything. Maybe it wasn't Hiro, there's no way he would've said something like that or it was Taka's wording.

"Hiro? Isn't he the nice(r) one?, I never knew him, I understand the others but him?" Miya mumbled.

"I can ask him why, if you want" / Hearing his voice lowered.

"Don't bother, they can hate who they want to hate. You can't change it."

"Are you sure? Because they shouldn't hold a grudge against someone they barely know." Y/N asked

"It's fine, maybe he's influenced or some shit, plus I have plenty of haters already." He sighed, his time at S and in the public eye gathered a bunch of people who thought he wasn't good enough. People who wanted his place and people who didn't have that chance.

"Skating haters?" /

"Dozens in the community, maybe more honestly it's pretty mixed. Some love me and some say I don't deserve anything I have." He forced his voice not to crack.

"You deserve everything you have, you build yourself up from nothing." /

"Yeah, I guess but now I have to reset at S.

"Oh, it's that bad?" They questioned

"Mhm"

"Why reset?" /

"Skaters seem so supportive and kind." /

"Not all, but most. It's mainly the social standards that affect ranking, you beat someone higher, you take their spot. some bullshit like that. It's really complicated and competitive if you really think about it."

"Oh, so that blue dude created all the rules and stuff?" /

"Yea and now I have to restart from the bottom"

"That's so unfair though." /

"Oh Adam doesn't give a shit about what's fair and what's not, as long as he's on top. If your at the top it's hard to top that, unless a new comer comes around"

"And no one tried stopping him?" /

"People have tried. Didn't really work."

"So he is like the king of S?" /

"Yeah, no one can dethrone him, all the people who've tried all ended up in some hospital."

"Geez, I've gotten cuts and scratched but I don't want to imagine what lands someone in the hospital" / they cringe thinking of ways you could fall off a skateboard that badly.