Chapter I: Premonition (Pt.2)

Arne simply grinned silently.

      Tymon's gaze lingered on Michael, who held anger in his eyes, but he noticed something else too.

      "It's our fault..." Za'Fia said abruptly, gaining everyone's attention. She looked Tymon in the eye. "This happened because of us."

      "No, it was my idea," he agreed, willing to admit his recklessness caused this. "I made things worse by destroying his bases and attacking the High Gods. Then, I failed to be here when they retaliated because I thought they wouldn't. I'm sorry I wasn't here when you guys needed me."

      "They knew we were divided..." Za'Fia added.

      Michael stepped forward angrily, approaching Tymon.

      "Where were you exactly? What were you doing, killing people to gain that power!? While the others nearly died....Killing humans for power...you're no better than them," he practically spat,

      Michael released some of his spirit energy to show he was ready to fight should Tymon's response prove unsatisfactory. Tymon could tell his anger wasn't focused solely on him. Still, this agitated Tymon, making the sky darken as thick clouds rolled in. Suddenly, thunder booms were heard outside as the air around heated up. Tymon realized that Za'Fia and Damien were ready to strike if Michael attacked him.

      Judging from Michael's grimace, he was aware of it too.

      "Without your regenerative powers, this won't end well for you," Tymon said imposingly as the two stared each other down.

      "Woah," Alissia said, stepping between them, placing a hand on each of their chests as she lightly nudged them away from one another. "This isn't the time to be fighting amongst ourselves. Not to mention, if Avarice didn't know our location before, he does now."

      Michael lowered his energy and apologized after some consideration. "I have no right to be angry when I wasn't there to protect them either....I've never felt this...vulnerable before, so when Avarice took away my regeneration, I didn't know what to do. Truth be told, I'm still trying to cope with it."

      Tymon lowered his energy as the sky brightened, and Alissia placed a consoling hand on Michael's back.

      "No one should blame themselves," she proclaimed. "This has been a difficult time for each of us, and I even lashed out, which I'm truly sorry for," she added as she looked at Damien, Arne, and Naomi earnestly. "But we need to remain together to overcome all of this."

      She turned to look at Tymon.

      "We may not have agreed at first, but Tymon did right by destroying those bases," she turned back toward the others, "And we were caught by surprise because they took advantage of us being separated. We need to make sure they don't have that advantage again."

      Everyone looked around. No one said anything, but there was agreement among them. Tymon looked at Michael, who held out a hand toward him. As Tymon accepted the gesture, they acknowledged Alissia's words. Even without his healing, Tymon knew that Michael was still among their best capable fighters—he, Michael, and Za'Fia would likely be their main strength against the High Gods, Verin, and Avarice.

      "Good," Alissia said before turning her attention back toward Tymon. "But I think it's only fair that you explain how you obtained this power."

      Tymon thought momentarily as he circled to the other side of the room to lean against a windowsill. He had to choose his words carefully; otherwise, they would spark misinterpretations.