𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬

Kara woke up early the next morning, the scent of leather and metal having invaded her nostrils to the point she craved more of it. Surprisingly, nothing had woken her up in her dreamless sleep.

Flashes of images from last night made her smile in the warm embrace she was tucked into, the light sound of his breathing making her eyes flutter open to reveal his sleeping form.

She studied him, taking selfish minutes for her own pleasure to admire him without him knowing. Though, after a few minutes, she watched a drowsy smile tilt his lips up. "It's hard to sleep when you're staring at me, love." His voice was deep and husky, making her stomach flutter with an unknown feeling.

She tucked her face in the crook of his neck and chuckled, the noise reverberating off of his skin. His arm that was under her body tightened when he pulled her closer, wanting to relish in the moment that they shared.

"As much as I don't want you to leave, because believe it or not, I don't, but we've got a big day ahead of us, and you don't want to risk getting caught sneaking out of my room like a schoolboy." She murmured, peppering small intimate kisses along his skin.

He shivered, a small groan erupting from his throat as he shook his head in refusal. "I'm not ready to leave this heaven just yet."

He finally opened his eyes, catching a glimpse of her white hair in front of him as she continued kissing his chest. She peered through her eyelashes at him and the two grinned widely, not being able to help the million of smiles when they looked at each other.

"I'd rather not have anyone hoarding me with questions asking why you were leaving my room." She tilted her head, sending him a pointed look.

He suddenly flipped them over, his body hovering over hers under the sheets while he held her thighs on either side of him. He leaned his head down and pressed his lips against hers, wanting nothing more than to stay in bed with her all day and make love to her a thousand times.

She hummed delightfully and abruptly forgot what she had just said, eagerly connecting her ankles behind him and pulling him down flush against her. He huffed out a breath against her lips and she chuckled, feeling his excitement.

His fingers squeezed her wide thighs while his lips trailed down to her neck, listening to her blissful moans at the feeling.

When her eyes glanced at the clock, she read the time and sighed, forcing herself to take hold of his face in her hands and look at him. "You're making it harder for me, you know."

He smirked, sending her a wink. "I know."

She rolled her eyes, pushing him away with her hands on his chest as she sat up, glancing over at him. "I think my stubbornness has rubbed off on you." She huffed, standing from her bed and pulling on her undergarments.

He watched her, his eyes gleaming in admiration at the sight of her. "I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing." He remarked, earning a grunt from her afterward.

She collected a set of fresh clothes in her hands before turning to look at him. "You better be out of here by the time I get out or I'll kick your ass." She threatened, both of them knowing it was meaningless.

He chuckled, watching her enter her bathroom before he heard the water running. His mind replayed the events of the night before as he dressed himself, hoping no one would catch him leaving her room.

Kara noticed that once she was out of Erik's presence, the burning of her arm made her black veins appear once more. It was almost as if Erik clouded her mind enough for her to forget about the serum that was slowly killing her.