CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE COST OF ANGER

"You've gotta be joking, there's no way we're helping Jackson

"You've gotta be joking, there's no way we're helping Jackson." I groaned, from the back seat of Stiles' Jeep as we were driving way over the speeding limit, because Scott had got an inkling Jackson was in trouble and at the game last night, he'd overheard Allison's dad and aunt talking about their suspicion of Jackson being the beta they'd been looking for, since he had those claw marks at the back of his neck. Though in my eyes, this was perfect - kill two birds with one stone - we don't worry about the Argents, or Jackson Whittemore ever again.

"If the Argent's do anything to Jackson, the first thing he's gonna do is tell them that the beta is me." Scott sighs, in the passenger seat besides my brother.

"I don't get how he's gonna be able to say anything with a bullet in his brain." I mumbled to myself, sinking in my seat.

Stiles abruptly stopped the Jeep, forcing me to grab onto my seat to not be sent flying forward, and to our left I spotted Jackson and his Porsche, who was seemingly being interrogated by Allison's dad.

Scott raised his hand. "Yo."

"Whats up?" Stiles called to the boy.

I decided to stay quiet, instead faking a smile over at the two,. I still hate this plan, and Jackson. Though, looking at the boy for once was a great sight because he looked absolutely terrified, so I assumed Allison's dad hadn't exactly held back at all.

"Everything ok?" Scott questioned.

"Hey Scott." Mr Argent politely smiled over at us. "Your friend, here, was having car trouble. We're just taking a look."

"There's a shop right down the street. I'm sure they have a tow truck." Scott tells them.

"Yeah, you want a ride?" My brother asks, as Scott pushes the door to the Jeep open, as a way to persuade him to get in. "C'mon Jackson. You're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself."

Jackson hesitates, constantly blinking as he tried to figure out what to do. He then heaved, and began to walk towards the Jeep, so I shuffled down in my seat to make room for him, Scott climbing out his seat so Jackson's able to get in the back.

"Hey kids!" We hear Mr Argent call, from besides Jackson's Porsche. He then opened up the car door, twisted the key and started the engine. "Told you I knew a few things about cars."

Well, that was certainly a coincidence. He then walked away from us, back to his own car, and we watched as he drove away. "What are you following me now?" Jackson exclaimed, as soon as Mr Argent was gone, and I climbed out the Jeep, slamming the door behind me.

"Yes, you stupid freaking idiot. You almost gave away everything, right there." Scott yelled at him, as Stiles moved around to stand besides me.

Jackson looks at him confused. "What are you talking about?"

"He thinks you're the second beta." Scott grows increasingly annoyed.

"What?" Jackson blinks.

Scott raises his voice. "He thinks you're me!" He then slams his arm into the door of the Jeep.