Chapter 1: Unexpected

Y/n was walking down the bustling streets, lost in thought, when he noticed a child chasing a ball. The ball bounced into the street just as a truck came barreling towards the child. Without a second thought, Y/n dashed forward, grabbing the child and throwing him towards his mother, saving him from certain disaster. However, Y/n couldn't avoid the truck in time.

Everything went black.

Y/n suddenly found himself floating in a strange, ethereal realm. A voice called out to him from the void.

“Hello, young man.”

Y/n groaned, his head spinning. “Where am I? Who are you? Is the kid safe?”

The voice responded warmly, “Yes, he is safe.”

Y/n sighed in relief. “I see…”

“It seems you know what happened to you.”

Y/n chuckled softly, a hint of sadness in his voice. “Well, at least I helped someone before I died.”

The voice smiled, though Y/n couldn’t see it. “Y/n, you did indeed.”

Y/n looked around, confused. “How do you know my name? And who are you?”

“You don’t need to know who I am, but I can grant your dream, Y/n.”

Y/n’s eyes widened. “I gave up on that dream a long time ago.”

“There’s nothing wrong with dreaming again,” the voice encouraged.

Y/n nodded slowly. “You’re right.”

The voice continued, “What is your wish, Y/n?”

Y/n closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. “I want to be a…”

“Your wish is granted, young man.”

A blinding light enveloped Y/n. When it faded, he found himself in an unfamiliar room. Groggy and disoriented, he tried to stand but faltered, his legs still weak. Spotting a letter on the shelf beside the bed, he reached for it.

 Spotting a letter on the shelf beside the bed, he reached for it

To Y/n,

"Dear Y/n, you may continue what you want to be.

From ?????"

P.S. Open the drawer under the desk.

Curious, Y/n opened the drawer to find a black card, a duel disk, and a deck. As he sifted through the deck, he recognized all his favorite cards from childhood. A smile spread across his face as he looked out the window, feeling a sense of gratitude for this new chance at life. He drifted off to sleep with a heart full of hope.

---

The next morning, Y/n woke up eager to explore. He opened the door to the living room, which was cozy and inviting. He prepared himself for the day and stepped outside, where he was greeted by the sounds of the bustling town.