Chapter XVI "Suspicions and Loose Ends"

(Y/n) POV:

Enid and I had gone back to my room, we were laying beside each other in silence before Enid finally spoke "So, does this mean we're dating?" she asked, making me laugh a little "I would hope so," I responded and received an even tighter hug from her "Just need to make sure I can bother you all I want now," she said while laying her head on my chest.  I slowly started stroking her hair, placing my head on her's as my heart beat steadily with her's "You know, old me would've begged for God to undo this blessing in disguise," I admitted, hearing her giggle at my joke a little "Well I'm glad to know you enjoy me this much," she said.

I couldn't help but hug her tighter in hearing those words, I knew they were true which was the main reason it made me love her more, and then I heard her soft snores, signaling that she had fallen asleep '...Did I manage to hate her before?' I asked myself while slowly getting up from my bed and picking her up.  I cared her out of my room and down the hall into the female dormitory, staying as quiet as possible and finding Yoko's dormitory and knocking on the door, when she answered, I could tell she was wary to see me "...Okay, I know how I look freaks you out so I'll make this quick... she fell asleep, and I heard she's spending the night with you, may I drop her in?" I asked.

Yoko simply stared at me in silence but then stepped aside, allowing me to enter and gently place Enid on her sleeping bag which she had in a corner of the floor, that was when I heard Yoko suddenly speak "Still not sure how she managed to find herself being attracted to you... you don't even have a face," she said as I stood and faced her. The old me wouldn't have hesitated to punch her, the old me would've taken off my gloves and attempted to cyanide her, but instead, I remained calm and shrugged "I'm surprised too... guess I'm just lucky," I responded to her comment before walking past her and leaving.

Just before I made it back to my dorm, I grabbed the handle of my door and heard Ms. Weems call out to me "Mr. (L/n)! I want you in my office," I heard her tell me "For what reason?" I asked "Wednesday Addams has requested you, something about her dorm being ransacked," she explained and I immediately paused in place 'Damnit Laurel!' I realized and reluctantly went with her.

~At Weems' office~

I entered and saw Wednesday standing, waiting for me as the door was closed behind us and immediately the questions were asked "What were you doing tonight?" "I was with Enid," I quickly answered "Did you see anyone enter or exit Wednesday's dormitory?" "I was nowhere near it, so I wouldn't know," I lied as I fully knew who was the cause. Wednesdays eyes narrowed, almost as if knowing I was lying and took a step forward "Do you know anyone that could've been involved?" Wednesday started asking the questions now "Not one soul," I responded "And you have no connections to anyone that you could be hiding?" "Not one person," I replied.

Wednesday glared even harder at me, and at this point I knew that she knew I was hiding something, but rather than pushing it further "Fine... Weems, I have no further questions," she said, and I quietly took a sigh of relief "...Alright then, You're dismissed (Y/n)," Weems said as I gave a small nod and left. I walked down the hall, feeling a chill run up my spine as I felt as if someone was watching, and it didn't take much to understand just who's gaze was watching "(Y/n)!" I heard someone call out my name, yet the gaze reminded, I turned around, and saw Wednesday walking up to me and stopping in front of me.

"I know you're hiding something, and you wouldn't be hiding it unless you have a reason, so what is it?" she asked with assertiveness "I'm not hiding anything, I'm serious," I lied, but once again she saw through it "You have a terrible poker face despite having none, so out with it, now," she started demanding. The gaze became stronger, and to hid from it I quickly grabbed Wednesdays arm and pulled her into a room "Okay listen Emo, I need you to listen alright? You're probably the only person in this entire school I know can actually stop what's coming," I started, letting my panicked tone appear despite the gaze still watching.