𝐕𝐈𝐈. dog

The days passed.

Sansorr was given food, regularly, but not often enough for him to regain his strength. He remained thin, his body remained the anchor that kept him down.

His leg healed agonizingly slowly, inflamed again and again, throwing him back again. Tywin said he needed to recover before they could continue together. But how was he supposed to recover? Without Jaime, he would probably die whenever the fever returned unexpectedly, whenever the inflammation began to eat away at his flesh.

Jaime didn't come regularly, but when he did, he took off Sansorr's bandages, cleaned the wound and redressed it with a grim determination, over and over again.

He never stayed longer afterwards, usually not even saying a word. But Sansorr was also silent. He was too tired and too exhausted.

Jaime came again today, hung a torch on the wall and sat down on the cot with Sansorr. Sansorr was once again feverish, only noticing that Jaime was unusually wearing armor when the Lannister lifted him into a sitting position and leaned him against the wall.

"I don't have much time today," he muttered, taking the bandage from him. Sansorr had to chuckle when he saw the disgusted expression on the knight's face.

"You're going insane," Jaime muttered when he had regained his composure. He carefully cleaned the wound before hurriedly applying a new bandage.

"And where are you going? You're all dressed up, Blondie."

"Joffrey's getting married."

"Ohh... must be lovely when your own son-"

"Shut up Sansorr, damn it. You've been so quiet the last few days."

"He's your son, isn't he?"

Jaime didn't answer, rubbing his face.

"It doesn't matter who his father is. They're Cersei's children. I don't care about him."

"Poor boy. Well- almost. I know Joffrey, after all," Sansorr snorts, "But your other two, Myrcella and Tommen, they're-"

"I could let you down for that."

"Then all your work would be in vain," Sansorr said. Leaning against the wall, his muscles tensed and his back began to ache.

"So be it."

"I'm just saying... If I had children, I'd do everything I could to make sure they were well."

"Well, rather unlikely with your preferences, isn't it?"

"You can try to get me pregnant," Sansorr teased him, then burst out coughing.

Jaime rolled his eyes, then helped him lie down again and re-splinted his leg.

"Do you think your father has forgotten about me?" Sansorr asked Jaime, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. It was a weak grip and Jaime could have simply pulled away from him, but he didn't. Sansorr realized he had grabbed Jaime's golden hand; cold and hard in his grip.

"What makes you think that?" the Lannister sighed and sat down on the edge of the cot.

"He hasn't been here for ages... I want to prove myself to him," Sansorr whispered harshly.

Jaime looked at him for a long time. "You're still hurt. What are you going to do like this?" he then asked with a strange refusal in his voice.

"I don't know," Sansorr looked up at Jaime and sighed at his distant expression, "Did I upset you? I'm sorry..."

Jaime stroked his hair briefly. "You used to be a Stark, a wolf... He has successfully driven that out of you." the knight sighed.

"What? N-no..." he stammered in surprise.