17. I Don't Care

At this point I knew that I'd fucked up. I just hoped that I was doing the right thing.
~Cali

I knocked onto the door of Anthony's room, bracing myself for this apology. Although it took me a few hours after talking to Mona to do it, I'm finally getting it done.

"Come on," I heard him tell out.

"Wassup man," I walked in. He quickly sat upright on his bed glaring toward me.

"Ion know why you got 'cha face all balled up nigga because if I was gon' do you some, I woulda done it already," I informed. Me and Anthony both knew that he could never beat me, it always has, and always will be that way.

"What you want," he angrily grumbled.

"I just wanna talk," I held my hands up.

"About," he said emotionlessly. I took a deep breath preparing myself for something I need thought that I could do.

"Listen Ant," I motioned to sit on his bed and he granted. "What happened to Tiona was in the past and I want you to understand how hard shit has been for a nigga. These past two years, they just been," I trailed off.

"Say man you ain't gotta apologize for nothing, it was my fault. All of it, I shouldn't have fucked over you like that and I shouldn't have let her leave," he explained. "I still feel guilty for everything that happened that summer. You just don't know how bad I wished I could change that day, if I had the chance. I know you may never forgive me but Cali nigga I'm sorry," his voice slightly cracked.

"Nah man I understand, I put myself in your shoes and realized how you felt. Ant you loved Tiona just like I did and I know that you'd never do anything to hurt her. It was just... I ain't really know how to deal with shit 'cha feel me? But I know that Tiona, my grandma, and my momma don't wanna see us like this. We needa be strong for them, so I do need to apologize. I'm sorry for the shit I said to you, the things I did, and I'm sorry for fucking wit' Mona. I ain't have no business doin' that shit and I apologize Ant," I sincerely said.

"No, son you good. I just wish this shit ain't never happen," he looked away. "Fuck don't we all," I lightly smiled.

"Now I think that you should go talk to her son, Fa'real, fa'real like she needs you man," he shook his head.

"I guess man," he breathed.

"Fa'real son you needa fix that," I said getting off the bed. "I know I messed things up a lil but all you need to do is talk to her, she'll understand," I assured.

"Yea, okay," he shook off my words. I knew that he was gonna do the right thing though.

||

"Hahaha," Mona laughed as she stirred a the pot of soup.

"So your name is Clyde Fitzgerald Richard Lee Smith," she laughed even harder. "I knew about it bein' Clyde but you ain't tell me the rest," she added.

"Yep that's my baby's name, unfortunately no one knew what in the hell possessed his momma to do such a thing," my aunt laughed along, playfully hugging me.

"No wonder you ain't want the Mr. Shallard to say your name that day, I wouldn't either," Mona giggled. Even though they were making fun of me it was still good seeing them all smile, that's just what I needed.

"I feel really bad for you Cali, do you need a hug," Mari jumped in.

"Wow Mari you gon' do me like that? I thought we was best friends," I playfully fake cried.

"Aww come on I still love you Fitzgerald," she smiled.

"But why did you give yourself the name Cali though," Mona asked after the noise died down.

"Because I always wanted to go there and it was better that the rest of my name. But it was really because my grandfather came up with it. And at the age of six I thought that name was fly as hell," I smiled.

"Boy what I told you about that cussin' in my house," my Te Pam hit me upside the head.

"Man Te Pam you said hell earlier," I mugged rubbing my head, I swear this woman had hands of a man.

"Yea but its my house, therefore I can say what I want," she said sitting down.

"Man Te Pam imma call child services on you," I said checking my head for blood. "I think I'm bleeding."

"Boy shut yo overgrown ass up you to damn big to even be considered a child," my Te Pam smiled. Mona and Mari was dying laughing at our little show.

"Man that ain't even funny. And Mari we ain't friends no more," I playfully mugged.

"Aww I'm sorry, you want me to call child services," they all burst into ore laughter at Mari's comment.

"I'm done with y'all," I walked into my room shutting the door behind me. I was hungry as fuck but we was all waiting on this special meal that Mona was making.

Knock knock knock

"Come in," I answered. I watched as Mona peered for behind the door.

"What'cha doin'," she smiled laying down next to me.

"Nun," I shook my head.

"We need to talk Mona," I breathed. "About," she asked, wrapping her arms around my neck. "You can't be on me like this ma," I pulled away.

"What you mean," she smiled in confusion.

"I mean that you and Anthony y'all had sum' goin' on before me and I ain't finna fuck that up."

"What are you saying," she looked away.

"I'm saying that whatever we have here needs to stop. I know that we ain't doin' nuthin' but I wanna stop it before something happens," I explained. She looked away from me taking a deep breath. I turned her face to mine to see that she was crying.

"Why you crying Mona?"

"Because I care about you Cali. You and me are so much alike, I've never known anyone who just understood me from the bat. And I don't wanna just be friends anymore," she explained. This all came as a huge sock to me, I didn't even know she felt that way.

"I know it's only been a month but, I've never had anything like this," she looked down.

"I didn't know that you felt that way, but I'm sorry to say that... I don't feel the same," I lied.

"Wha-what," she stuttered. "What about, what you said that day."

"It was the heat of the moment," I shook my head.

"Your lying," she screamed. "I know you care about me Cali. Just as much as I do you," she cried.

"Come on wipe up ya' tears it ain't even that serious. I just did all that to get back at Anthony, it ain't mean nun'," I lied. I turn to look at her only to be met by her hand slapping my face.

"I don't believe you, you piece of shit! Why would you... Why would you lie? Why are you lying to me," she teared. She took a deep breath standing up, crossing her arms over her chest.

"If that's how you feel," she looked away. She wiped her face turning around exiting my room.

At this point I knew that I'd fucked up. I just hoped that I was doing the right thing. If I ain't break it off like that, it probably would've only been worse.
______________________________

Should I post another chapter today? The books is already finished?

~XO504QVEEN©