viii.

chapter eight
━━━ cold as you

chapter eight━━━ cold as you

✩₊˚.🌷・⋆⁺₊✧

 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐊𝐈𝐃𝐒 were greeted with a gust of chilly air when they walked into evies castle. it felt like going from summer to the middle of winter. on the hunt to find the cause of this cold air, the group walked into evie's living room where they were met by the sleeping faces of the twins, dizzy and fayebelle.

only what was concerning was while the twins and dizzy seemed to be sleeping peacefully and unaffected, fayebelle was shaking. the twins were no longer curled up in fayebelles side, but rather on the edge of the couch opposite of dizzy; the girl herself was sitting curled up in a corner, shaking with her eyes closed.

as mal approached and leaned down to the blondes side, she heard fayebelle muttering to herself. whatever dreams audrey had plagued in fayebelles mind had sent her reeling. from what mal could make out fayebelle's mutters had consisted of 'please' and 'i'm sorry', she was almost begging for something.

mal reached out for fayebelle, trying to provide a comforting hand to the girl, the frost that was crawling up fayebelle's arm had spread to mal, turning her fingers an ugly shade of blue. she spared a wide eyed glance to evie and uma, who stared at her from the door, before turning her head back to the freezing blonde.

mal had never seen fayebelle's powers in person. while she understood that the girl had to have them, of course she did she was the daughter of jack frost, the blonde was always guarded whenever it came to this type of stuff. it was hard enough to get her to warm up to the villain kids in the first place, and she still wasn't comfortable talking about her powers or family.

seeing the frost that was currently spread throughout the shivering girls arms, she couldn't blame fayebelle for not wanting to speak up about this. thinking about it, mal had even concluded it must have been the reason she had been so on edge recently. 

"we have to wake her up, she's gonna freeze the whole house over." uma's voice had shrilled from the doorway, and she was right. while mal was lost in thought, the frost had spread from fayebelle's arms to slightly grow up evies walls. it was spreading at a slow rate, but still encompassed the room in a chill. celia had turned to the sleeping figures on the couch and covered them up with a spare blanket before running over her own arms with her palms to try to seal in some more warmth.

"how do we do that, audrey's sleeping spell can only be undone by her." mal thought aloud, removing her gaze from fayebelle once more.

"will the ember work?" evie asked, her eyes almost pleading. evie was worried about her friend, but she was also worried about her boyfriend, who she wasn't able to find throughout the halls of her castle they had already walked through. his small snores could be heard from where she was standing in the doorway, and it took everything for her not go and run to him. seeing this, mal gave her some small reassurance.