Catherine

Marcus placed the frame on the nightstand next to his son's bed

Marcus placed the frame on the nightstand next to his son's bed. He gently kissed his forehead before releasing himself from his grip. He gave him a loving glance before leaving the room, tucking him neatly under a silk duvet.

As soon as he stepped out from the room he discovered Mrs Lin kneeling outside the chamber, her face filled with fear. The poor woman was visibly shaking with nervousness.

She became more concerned when she saw a pair of shiny black shoes stop in front of her.

"HOW!? HE IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY; YOU FAILED ME! Mrs LIN... hand over your resignation letter, and Mr Brown (Butler) will clear your account....you can go now," he announced his decision arrogantly, unconcerned about how it would affect the poor woman's life or even whether it was her fault in the beginning.

He used a harsh and authoritative tone.

"Please...Alpha the master decides to swim in the pool inside the garden....and the young master does not listen to me at all," the poor woman begged his employer for forgiveness, her entire family relying on her.

Her mother and young son need money for daily necessities, as well as the additional benefits she received from this job. Because of her job, her son received a free education at an elite school owned by the Alpha.

"Pardon Alpha but the young master is a bit open up to Mrs Lin. He must be sad and will take more time to adjust to the new caretaker...please forgive her this time, for the sake of the young master, Alpha I beg for your forgiveness too,"

Mr Brown interrupted their conversation and requested Marcus on behalf of the poor woman. He was an elderly man around fifty.

Mr Brown worked for 'The Campbell family' for over forty years and was experienced enough to handle any situation, particularly with Marcus.

His appearance, which includes a clean uniform, white hair, and blue eyes, accurately reflects his life journey. He was in charge of organizing everything in the castle.

He knew Alpha adored his son the most, and taking advantage of that was no problem.

He was also aware of Mrs Lin's recent struggles. He only wanted to help the poor woman, who was devoted, hardworking, and, most importantly, genuinely concerned for the young master.

"Okay fine...I have more important things to do Mr. Brown. But take this as a final warning from me.....after that, I would not tolerate even the slightest misstep," Marcus warned them before turning his heels on one hundred and eighty degrees toward his next destination.

The loud music coming from the Northern Wing annoyed him greatly. He was enraged and close to transforming into his wolf.

He jogged out of the Eastern wing hastily. His car was still standing on the patio. He got in his car and drove towards the 'Northern Wing'.

**********************************

The 'Luna' of the pack arranged a banquet in the castle's Northern Wing. The party was extravagant, with a festive and carefree atmosphere. The majestic ballroom was filled with elite people from all walks of life, whether they were businessmen, politicians, or mafia members.

All of these people created a website for their benefit. The 'Luna' of The New Moon Pack, 'Catherine,' frequently organized such a banquet to solicit her status.

Marcus benefited greatly as well, as he never prohibited her from engaging in such activities. He gained vogue, power, and connections as a result of her solicitation, which was similar to building a bridge to success for him.

Without her, he would never have been able to reach the heights he was at today, on top of the world. Only a few people could obtain this position, and even fewer could maintain it, and he was proud to be one of them.

All thanks to his chosen friend Catherine, who paved the way for him.

In the centre of the opulent ballroom, a long and lavish dining table for a hundred guests stood. The table was filled with every delicious food you could name. The golden candelabra, silver cutlery, and expensive tableware stole the show that night.

The yellow light from the candles and the expensive chandelier elevated the scene and created a sense of royalty. The loud music and laughter of people reverberated throughout the castle.

Everyone was laughing heartily, drinking wine, and happily eating delicious food while posing in their comfortable chairs. Some couples danced, while others flirted with one another.

Catherine sat imposingly in the head chair of the table, swirling her glass of red wine before taking a sip.

"Hmmm, delicious...," she hummed with delight as the sweet liquid hit her taste buds. She was observing everything with a flirtatious and friendly smile on her lips.

*BAM
*SCREECH!!*BAM.....SCREECH!!*THUD (door falls).

Suddenly, a sports car collided with the majestic ballroom's heavy wooden door, and her beautiful carefree expression turned one of surprise. Within two attacks, the strong door collapsed to the ground, allowing the sports car to easily climb over it and enter the ballroom.

Everyone in the room, except Catherine, was terrified of the car's vibrant energy. They could easily detect the Alpha's outrage.

The audience began to flee the scene, leaving their drinks and food behind. Marcus kicked open the car door and saw people hurrying out of the hallway. Meanwhile, his gaze was fixed on the figure sitting in the head chair, carelessly drinking her wine.

The majestic hall became empty in a matter of moments as silence enveloped the entire space. He climbed out of his car and took slow steps toward the head chair.

His clothes were ripped, and his fangs and nails were visible. His eyes revealed the golden rims around the orbs, indicating that his wolf was on edge and prepared to kill brutally. His steps came to a halt in front of her chair. Catherine, however, remained unconcerned in the face of his rage.

She was also Alpha blood, making it difficult to scare her away. She looked at him uninterestedly, which irritated him further.

"YOUR SON IS OUT THERE.... BURNING WITH FEVER, AND YOU ARE BUSY ENTERTAINING OTHERS...WHAT KIND OF MOTHER ARE YOU? YOU CANNOT EVEN ASK FOR HIS WELL-BEING *BAM...," he yelled at her face, quickly flipping the lavish dining table upside down and causing the treasury that adorned it to fall to the ground in an instant.

"My son...*chuckle... do you ever let me call him my son, Marcus?! You distanced him from me, and now you are telling me not to care for him. Why would I do that? Give me a reason, Alpha," she finally replied in a cold, delicate voice.

Her tone was soft and mocking. She smiled sarcastically as she realized Marcus was speechless.

"You are hopeless, Catherine. You never cared about him in the first place...do not blame me now," Marcus turned on his heel and started climbing up to the third floor, where his room was located.

He was enraged, but he did not want to do something stupid that he would regret later.

"Are you still pursuing that WHORE ALPHA...?" She screamed behind his back, pointing her index finger at him as she stood up. She became irritated when he ignored her and went to his chamber.

She found herself dangling in the air nearly two feet above the ground, with a hand gripping her neck tightly enough to cut off her air supply.

"How dare you?.....BiTch."