Pilot

Warning: Talk of substances like weed and pills, pills being sold to others in story and slight child abuse.

***

"nobody's says our neighborhood's the Garden of Eden. Hell, some people say God avoids this place altogether.  But it's been a good home to us, to me and my kids, who I'm proud of... because every single one of them reminds me a little bit of me. Fiona, my rock, huge help, had all the best qualities of her mother... Except she's not a raging psycho bitch. Lip, smart as a whip. Straight A's and the honor roll. Boy's definitely going somewhere. Charlotte or Cherry, Lips twin sister, best in her track team planning to go to college for it, she's the most like her mother though always going off on someone and the spitting image of her mother too. Ian, Industrious, conscientious, ambitious, incredible work ethic. Don't have a clue where he got that from. wants to be a paratrooper. knows how to disembowel an enemy with a roll of dimes and an old gym sock. Carl.... Um, I don't really know that much about Carl. Oh, loves animals. Always dragging home some poor stray he found, taking them up to his room. Ah, Debbie, sent by God, total angel. Raises money for UNICEF year-round, some of which she actually turns in. Liam, gonna be a star. I'm no biologist, but he looks a little bit like my first sponsor.  He and the ex were close. Kev and Veronica, Fantastic Neighbors. There's nothing they won't do for each other... or to each other. I never realized how little sex I was having... till V and Kev moved next door. V's little brother always hanging around too something Ash I don't know but he's always hanging with my kids especially Cherry... And me, Frank Gallagher, father, teacher, mentor. Captain of our little ship. We may not have much, but all of us, to a man... knows the most important thing in this life: we know how to fucking party. Wa-ha!"

Charlotte stood around a car that was on fire with a beer in her hand and Asher's arm around her shoulders she smiled and laughed as she stood around with her brothers making jokes and seeing who could chug their beers the fastest. Till they all heard Police sirens making most of them yell out in annoyance no one wanting to ruin the fun they were having.

***

Charlotte groaned as she hung halfway off the bed once she felt someone shaking her away, she pushed her eye mask up finally letting the brightness of the day hit her eyes making her wince, she just staired up at the ceiling for a few minutes repeating how many days till she could finally be done with the week in her head for motivation. Cherry finally took her ear plugs out letting the noise of her family fill her ears making the headache for the day already start.

she sat up slowly looking at Liam who was in his crib still just stare back at her watching his older sisters every move. Cherry quickly got ready throwing on a pair of pants and a shirt that looked clean and some black socks she found in her baby blue sheets quickly running a brush through her hair once she was done in her room she went to the bathroom not even knocking just walking in while Ian was in the shower, Cherry didn't care though most the time they never left hot water for her and left wet clothes and towels on the ground for either herself of Fiona to clean up so that meant when she had to use the bathroom she didn't care if the water went freezing cold for them.