chapter fourteen

I wake up to Katie still hugging my waist. I check the time to see if I have to wake her up and I do. I softly shake her shoulders, "Katie, you have to get up."

She groans slightly before opening her eyes.l and looks at me. "Morning Els," she says in a slightly raspy voice. I smile at her, "Morning Katie."

We both eventually get up and get ready. I have a quick shower before changing into something comfy to travel in. I go downstairs and make us both some toast and eggs for breakfast.

After we eat I give Katie one of my hoodies and we get in my car to go to our training ground ready for the bus to take us to the stadium. Today we are playing spurs so it should be an equal game.

When we get to the training ground I park and we get out, walking over to the other girls that are already here, Less, Lotte, Kyra, Kim, Beth and Viv.

When they spot us Kyra joggs over to us and jumps on me, "Ellie!" I laugh slightly. "Hey Ky. Are you okay?" I ask. She gets off me and nods before saying hi to Katie.

She leads us back to the group and they all say hello. We say hi back just as the bus pulls up so we get onboard to wait for the rest of the team.

Me and Katie sit next to eachother, with Beth and Viv opposite us. Soon enough everyone on the team gets on the bus so we start the journey to the stadium. "So when were you going to tell me you were dating?" Viv says randomly.

My head snaps towards Beth and she looks confused. I give her a look and she shakes her head as if to say she didn't tell her. Viv laughs and points towards my hoodie that Katie was wearing. It was my arsenal training one. The one with my initials and match number on.

I look back at Viv. "She's just borrowing it. She stayed at mine yesterday as we watch a film and it got late so she stayed over," I shrugged. Viv shakes her head and laughs, "is that why she's wearing your trackies as well?"

I look down at said trackies and see they also have my initials and match number. I nod my head slowly. "I call bullshit," she laughs.

I look at her for a second, "it's true we aren't dating." Viv looks at me and Katie. "You can tell me. I think you forgot I'm also dating one of our teammates," Viv says looking at Beth.

Beth looks up from her phone and smiles. "How could we forget? She doesn't stop talking about it," Katie jokes.

Beth looks back at her phone with an embarrassed look. Viv laughs as we finally admit to dating. She smiles at us, "I'm happy for you both."

The bus pulls up at the stadium so we all make our way off and inside. I get to my cubby and take off my jumper and get into the warm up kit. I feel Katie eyes on my when I take off my shirt so I take a few extra seconds when putting it on.

We make our way out for warm-ups and do many different drills. I get called over for a pre-match interview so walk away from everyone else.

I get handed a mic and smile at the camera. "What is the match going to be like for arsenal today?" The interviewer asks. I think for a second, "yeah it'll be a good game. A even game. We know they will have chances as well as us, so, yeah are main aim is to take our chances really."

She smiles and nods, "the fans are hoping for you to start, is that happening?" I look behind the camera at the fans screaming and cheering for us already. "I hope so. It's ready up to Jonas. I respect him and his choices, so if he thinks I'm ready then hopefully I'll be starting today. If not then hopefully I'll be subbed on."

She takes in what I'm saying, "thank you, that's all." I nod at her. "Cheers, thank you," I say into the mic before handing it back, my accent coming out more heavy.

I head into the changing room after all the girls and spot Katie. She has her shirt off so I take a second to admire her before meeting her eyes and smiling. She blushes slightly and looks down. I change into the match kit and sit on the bench waiting for Jonas.

We hear a knock on the door, "everyone decent?" We all say yes so he walks in. He gives us a quick but meaningful speech to motivate us. "Oh and before we go, Ellie you're starting today."

________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it took a while to come out but school has been a lot. Viv found out as well.
Have a good day/night