Fifteen

Fifteen-Invasion

s1 ep.2

11:30- 17:20

"Um what?" Bella asked the brunette who stormed into the home. "My dad. My dad's office. He always kept the office locked cause he was worried about his competitors stealing his Royal Merchant research." John B explained as the rest of the Pogues followed quickly behind him. Bella was trailing at the back when she noticed JJ's backpack was lying in the middle of the floor so she picked it up and tossed it onto the sofa bed to keep it out the way. "I mean we use to laugh at him all the time like he was actually gonna find it, but now that he's gone I've just kinda... I just left it as he kept it." John B told them as they stood in front of the office door.

"Yeah for when he gets back" Kie said reassuringly, giving the other Pogues a look saying 'just go with it'. "Yeah" John B agreed with Kie as he stuck they key into the locked door's padlock, twisting it to the left and hearing the 'pop' sound. He quickly unhooked the padlock from the haspin staple and swung open the door, allowing the Pogues to explore the cluttered room which stored thousands of books and stacked documents. Bella's eyes wandered the room as she broke the threshold, followed closely by the others.

"I've slept over like 600 times, and I've never seen this door opened." Pope spoke as he picked up a few papers and examined them.

The rest of the Pogues hummed in agreement before John B laid a huge frame in the middle of the table. "Here look. This is the Original Owner, right here." John B said as he pointed to a black and white picture of a man in a captain's uniform smiling at the camera, the compass dangling from his fingertips. "Okay, Robert Q. Routledge, 1880 to 1920." Kiara read from the piece of paper which was pinned right next to his picture to label him. "There's the lucky compass right there" she said as she pointed to the gold compass on the picture. "Actually, um... he was shot after he bought it" John B told them awkwardly. Bella looked up at JJ with a worried look, he quickly grasped her hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Then the compass was shipped back to Henry." John B explained, pointing at another black and white picture of a man in dungarees with his hand resting on his hip and was leaning against a door, smiling at the camera. Bella read the label pinned above his head which said' Henry P. Routledge, 1919-1947'. "He was killed in a crop-dusting accident when he had the compass. After he died the compass was giving to Stephen." John B said nonchalantly. He pointed at the picture labeled 'Stephen W. Routledge, 1943-1974." It was another black and white picture with a young guy in a solider uniform and a gun in hand, unlike the others he was not smiling at the camera. "Stephen had the compass with him when he died in Vietnam." John B continued. "Let me guess he died in action, right?" JJ asked the brunette but Bella gasped with realization.

"Wait! I recognize him, there is a picture of him and my Grandpa on our wall. He must have served with him. Wasn't he killed by a banana truck, in country?" Bella explained remembering the story her Grandpa had told her about his old friend Stephen.

John B pointed at her and smiled "Bingo" he said.

"Anyways after that, Stephen passed the compass down to him, my dad" John B finished. Bella smiled at the picture of Big John and John B that had been pinned to the board underneath the label 'Big John Routledge, 1967- ?'. It was a colored picture this time of him and John B on a huge rock at the beach fishing with their bucket hats. "Hm. Sounds like a reoccurring theme here" JJ spoke. "Yeah, you have a death compass" Pope agreed with the blonde boy.