4. Internship

Hi all !!

I hope you are enjoying reading the chapters published till now. Please leave comments and reviews about what you like or if anything is missing or should be there. 

Happy Reading 😊.

---------

Advita's PoV

I sent my resumes to many companies for internship opportunities.  After doing that I left my room to get a snack from the kitchen.

As I made my way downstairs, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, comforting and familiar. The gentle hum of voices drew me closer to the living room, where I found Abhimanyu engaged in conversation with my father.

 The gentle hum of voices drew me closer to the living room, where I found Abhimanyu engaged in conversation with my father

I paused in the doorway, unnoticed, taking in the scene before me. Abhimanyu sat across from my father, his expression earnest as he spoke. My dad listened intently, nodding occasionally as he sipped his coffee.

"Abhimanyu, you know you're always welcome here," my father said, his tone warm and inviting. "And if there's anything you need, don't hesitate to ask."

"I appreciate that, Uncle," Abhimanyu replied, his voice tinged with gratitude. "I just wanted to make sure everything's okay with Advita."

My heart skipped a beat at the mention of my name. I hadn't realized Abhimanyu had taken the time out of his busy schedule to check on me.

"She's been going through a rough patch lately," my dad admitted, his voice softening with concern. "Stress of exams and all."

I felt a pang of guilt at the thought of burdening my family with my troubles. 
With a hesitant smile, I stepped into the living room, greeting my dad and Abhimanyu with a soft "hello." They both returned the greeting, their eyes reflecting warmth and concern.

Taking a seat next to Abhimanyu, I felt a surge of gratitude for his presence. Being near him offered a sense of comfort and reassurance.

As we exchanged pleasantries, I turned towards Abhi.

"Abhi, would you like to go for a walk?" I asked.

A flicker of surprise flashed across his face before he nodded, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Sure, Advita. I'd love to."

Turning towards my dad we bid our goodbyes and left for the park.

As we stepped out into the cool evening air, I felt better.

And as we walked side by side, our footsteps echoing in harmony, he asked "Do you want to talk about something or is this the usual walk around the park"

"No, its the usual. i just wanted to get away from the house for some time."

"Well, then i came at the right time."

"Yeah. These exams are so hectic and the biggest headache in my life. And with everything that happened I am not able to focus also properly." I said tiredly and a bit defeated.

"Then there is this internship also that i have to do during the vacation period. I sent out my resumes to companies for finance related internships."

As we continued our leisurely walk, Abhi says "You know, Advita, I'm the CFO at our company. If you want, you could intern under me. It would be a great learning experience."