𝟏𝟐: 𝐰𝐞𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

"I think I want to get back together with Cole,"

Grace and Jackie's faces froze on the screen, their expressions a blend of surprise and disbelief. Elizabeth couldn't decide whether it was a poor connection or sheer shock that held them silent.

"What? Are you serious?" Grace finally managed to say, her tone a mixture of surprise and concern.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that night with Cole, when we sat on his truck and he said he wanted me back. I've realized I still have feelings for him," Elizabeth explained, her words filled with emotion.

"It's about time, Liz. Honestly, it's clear to me, even after just a year of knowing you both, how much you mean to each other," Jackie chimed in, her voice supportive yet tinged with a hint of relief.

"But what about what he said at his mom's ceremony? That was a dick move," Grace interjected, her brows furrowed with worry.

"We've already talked about that. He didn't mean what he said," Elizabeth reassured.

"Still, drunk words are sober thoughts," Grace persisted.

"Okay, i'm about to ban that phrase from our friend group," Elizabeth declared with a hint of annoyance.

"I'm on board with that," Jackie chimed in, her voice laced with relief.

"Elizabeth, I understand your feelings, but have you considered the risks? Getting back with Cole might lead to you getting hurt all over again," Grace cautioned, her concern evident in her tone.

"I get that, Grace, but I truly believe things have changed. Cole seems different now, more like the guy we knew before all the drama," Elizabeth reassured, her voice carrying a sense of hope.

"Well, if you're confident and happy, then I'm happy for you," Jackie chimed in, her smile genuine and warm.

"Totally, but if he hurts you again, I won't hesitate to run him over," Grace joked, causing the girls to laugh.

"Noted," Elizabeth replied with a grin.

"Hey, what time are you coming over? I'm in desperate need of assistance," Jackie asked eagerly.

"I'll be there soon. I just need to put the finishing touches on the dresses. Hayley loves them; I just want to make sure the fittings are perfect," Elizabeth replied.

"I'm still shocked that you managed to create three bridesmaids dresses in just two weeks," Grace said.

"It's my superpower," Elizabeth quipped playfully. "What else needs to be done?" she asked Jackie. "Just a few small things." Jackie replied.

As they worked together to prepare for the wedding, Elizabeth wasn't the only helper. Will had asked Jackie to be the planner, a huge responsibility that she managed with grace and perfection. Despite the challenges, the girls proved to be a great team.

"Oh, and the bouquet should have been delivered to the house. I ordered one that would perfectly match the dress," Elizabeth mentioned.

"I can't wait for tonight. I absolutely love weddings," Grace exclaimed with excitement.

"You're only excited for the bouquet toss because you think it's a fast track to marriage," Elizabeth teased.

"That's the whole point! Besides, my cousin caught it at my aunt's wedding and got proposed to a month later. It's destiny," Grace defended.

Elizabeth and Jackie shared a knowing laugh before Elizabeth turned serious. "Anyway, I've got to finish up these dresses. I'll catch you guys later?"

"Absolutely," Grace confirmed.