Chapter 32: Attack on Carne Village

The three weeks were unbearable for the residents of Nazarick. After Ainz's declaration on banning Erika from sweets of any kind, everyone has taken to avoiding her like she was the plague. She had tried everything to get even just a small piece of cake but nothing. During her second week, she had managed to corner Tuare. The woman had caved at the first sign of tears before handing her what Erika thought was chocolate telling her to keep it between them. When she had taken a bite out of the bar she was quick to spit it out and give her human friend a betrayed look.

Tuare was quick to apologize, telling her that it was imitation chocolate that she had purchased from Carne Village when Sebas had taken her shopping. It was safe to say that Erika stayed away from whatever fake treats Tuare had to offer.

Now she was sitting in a tent in a field next to E-Rantel with her papa kicking her feet out of boredom and worry. They were going to help the Empire with their war against the Re-Estize kingdom. Her papa had sat her down the week before and they had discussed how everything was going to go. She didn't like the fact that they were fighting so close to E-Rantel it meant that a lot of soldiers were going to mainly be from that very city.

The only thing keeping her calm was the knowledge that no civilians would be hurt during this; she just hoped that Wayland was nowhere near this battle.

Erika tensed as she heard the crunching of a bone behind her. Turning her head she stared at Bob who was happily packing at the bone of his current meal. 'At least somebody is enjoying themselves.'

The Giant flame bird had a new gemstone bow around his neck courtesy of her and the twins. The two had arrived last week both terrified and depressed. Apparently, the Emperor had given their parents quite a lump sum of money. They weren't told where they were going so by the time the two had arrived at Nazarick Immediately cried when they were introduced to her papa.

When they had finally calmed down Erika explained the situation, or as much as she could without having them cry again. Right now they are probably helping Tsuare with whatever chores she has or are planning their next tea party since the next time they will play her punishment will come to an end.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the movement of her Papa. "The royal army came to Carne village?" He spoke out loud while pulling out the mirror of remote viewing.

Erika sat up straighter and turned her attention to the mirror. No one ever mentioned that there would be an attack on the village. She didn't even know why they would think to strike there. The only reason they should know of its existence is if they were spying on them.

Her eyes were glued to the mirror as her papa commanded the image to change to show the village. There were a lot of soldiers surrounding the village, more than the ones in the tent.

"The royal army may not be strong but five thousand soldiers is overwhelming. Carne's goblins and ogres won't be enough."

She quickly grew frustrated with the one-sided conversation that her papa's [Message] was providing. It felt like he was answering out loud just to mess with her.

"Lupusregina, continue to monitor the village and tell me every last detail. There are four people you must protect, you know who they are." Aniz spoke calmly as back to watch what would happen next.

Erika's eyes widened as one of the village's watchtowers burst into flames. She squinted her eyes as she watched the old villagers begin to prepare for battle while what looked like Enri ushered the younger villagers to the back exit.

She held onto Ainz's arm as she watched the Ogres attack the soldiers, causing Erika's eyes to widen as one of the village's watchtowers burst into flames. She squinted her eyes as she watched the old villagers begin to prepare for battle while what looked like Enri ushered the younger villagers to the back exit.