Chapter 17

Sab bikhar gaya tha toofan mein, kuch kirchiyan bakhi hai,

Dil ke kisi kone mein ab bhi, kuch arziyan bakhi hai.

Some days later:

Arham stood by the window, his gaze fixed on the world outside, lost in the labyrinth of his thoughts.

"Baba, should I pack this medicine too?" The househelp's inquiry pulled him back to the room, redirecting his attention from the window to the task at hand.

He was currently at Aftab's house. His stitches had been removed, and now they were planning to get back to their own house in another city.

Initially, when Hamid first asked Arham to accompany them, he had anticipated resistance from him. He had braced himself for potential negotiations and emotional persuasions, assuming it would take considerable effort to convince Arham to agree. However, to his astonishment, Arham readily agreed without any resistance. Now, the househelp was busy packing Arham's belongings.

"No, leave that. I'll pack it myself after dinner," Arham responded, his gaze flickering briefly towards the medicine in the househelp's hand before returning to the window.

Hamid had also asked him to complete his Masters, and he had agreed to that proposal too.

The sudden shift in Arham's demeanour had sent ripples of astonishment through the entire family. And why wouldn't it be? After all, even he was shocked at his own behaviour.

Ever since the accident happened, he hasn't felt like going anywhere. Neither did he go to parties, nor did he go out with Ashar when he asked him to accompany him on a drive.

It felt like his mind just needed a break. And so he granted himself that break, allowing his mind the space and time it needed.

"Kya soch raha hai?" another voice disturbed him from his reverie. (What are you thinking?)

He turned around to see Daksh and Ashar standing behind him. Both of them had a questioning look on their faces.

Arham remained silent, striding forward until he reached the bed and sank onto it.

"Don't tell me that you are still thinking about it," Ashar grumbled, his voice having a hint of irritation.

Arham deadpanned, looking at the faces of the boys, their gaze probing deeper and their arms crossed over their chest.

"You are just not able to accept the fact that a girl can leave you," Daksh muttered, his tone clearly expressing his annoyance.

Arham smirked. "I don't care if she leaves or not. I am just pissed off by the facade of goodness she showed. Lecturing me all about goodness and what not, she didn't even had the decency to wait for me to get up from the ICU."

"You have left so many girls without giving them any closure. Now why is it bothering you if Dinayah left without one?" Ashar had his eyebrows knitted. He was not able to understand the behaviour of his brother. To him it seemed as if Arham was just taking things on his ego.

"Leave it. You both can get lost if you are here to lecture me on my habits," Arham groaned.

"We are just trying to make you function like a normal human," Daksh retorted.

"Stop acting like my adopted mothers and get the hell out of my room."

"But this is my room, Bhai," Ashar cooed, his face contorting into the ball of innocence it always is.

Arham sucked in a breath. "Okay, fine. I am leaving."

"Where are you going? Wait," Daksh stopped him. "Come with us for a while; we are going out," he continued.