chapter 7.

nika🌹.

"i miss you" i said to juju.

i grabbed my phone and walked to the kitchen making a little healthy snack.

"i miss you more ma" she said smiling.

propping my phone up against the blender i grabbed some yogurt and grapes from the fridge.

i rubbed my forehead and sighed.

"what's wrong love ?" she asked.

"nothing, im just tired of long distancing. like i'm constantly wanting to be with you and i'm always alone" i said.

she smiled at me and nodded.

"aww i wanna be with you too love. but your doing something so great baby and ik it's hard long distancing but we gone be fine" she said.

"bae can i ask you a question ?" i asked.

"you just did" she said laughing.

"im serious" i said giggling.

"im kidding mamas, but yeah wassup ?" she asked.

"let's say we pop out later on right ?"

"mhmm" she said listening.

"and ofc they know our age difference, would you still be with me even if people made fun of me for being older than you ?" she asked.

i watched as she got into bed propping her phone against the wall. she looked at me quietly.

"baby yes. i told you ionc about they opinions.. this ain't a everybody relationship as long as we happy with each other love" she said smiling at me.

i nodded but i was really in my head. i heard her faintly call my name but i wasn't really listening.

"NIKA" she yelled.

i quickly snapped my head towards my phone looking at juju.

"oh huh ?" i said.

"babe stop it's fine. stop worrying about what folks say or think. they ain't benefiting you in no type of way" she said.

"okay but at certain points it does look bad. your barely legal" i said.

"well im 18! LEGAL nika".

"im just saying" i said.

"you worry to much baby" she said.

"ik im sorry, i just keep seeing pedo running across my name" i said rubbing my forehead.

"nika please. you really irking my nerves please don't make me mad" she said rubbing her forehead.

"oh okay" i croaked.

i looked down at my hands as i tried to keep the tears from falling. i couldn't let her see me like this anymore. i was so tired of crying.

i wiped my eyes looking back into my phone. i watched as she looked at me her face soften.

"baby im sorry ian mean that, you stressing over stuff that's not even worth it." she said.

"yeah i gotta go" i said.

"no baby don't hang-" she was cut off cus i quickly wiped my tears clicking the "x" button.

i watched as she called 5x again and again.

juju🌈.

i watched as nika hung up. man im mad i done snapped on my baby & she crying. i called her 5x but she declined it. so i texted her.

juju🥰: mamas i'm sorry, stop ignoring me.

juju🥰: bae can you stop.

juju🥰: i didn't mean to snap at you.

juju🥰: i'm tryna talk this out like a mature adult baby, can you please text me back ? 😒.

juju🥰: yk what, imma let you cool off. i'm sorry about going off.. i wanna be with you forever. idc about what NOBODY got to say. im yours forever nika. get some sleep my love your stressing too much🫶🏾.

i put my phone down and rubbed my forehead. the guilt that i feel. i walked into the locker room and put my stuff down in front of my locker.

"hey bestie" rayah said to me.

she hugged me and smiled at me. i gave her a fake smile back.

"hey bestie" i said.

"what's wrong ?" she asked me.

"n-"

"aht don't lie either judea skies" she said.

"man you trifling using my government name like that" i said laughing.

"i snapped on nika & made her cry. she hung up on me and now she ignoring me" i said sighing.

"you okay ? just a bad day ?" she asked me rubbing my back.

"yes, i woke up not in a good mood ionk why. it's just frustrating, i apologized to her but yk she's sensitive and stuff so" i said.

"everyone has their days girl.. you good just give her some time she know you ain't mean it" ray said.

she hugged me. lord knows i needed it. i smiled at her.

"thank you bestie, for listening and being here" i said.

"ofc we got each other forever" she said.

"but how'd it go with your parents ?" i asked.

rayah went home this weekend to talk to her parents about their relationship. she wanted them to understand where she was coming from and that she wanted their support.

she looked at me and shook her head.

"it's like they didn't hear a word i said. they would rather i die then support me at this point. it's really disappointing because when senior night come who gone be there ? nobody" she said.

"rayah" i said hugging her.

"girl mom and dad can come for you, yk they dont mind. your like their second daughter, but let's not worry about that right now. you gone have to go out their and show yo parents you still that girl with or without they support" i said.

she smiled at me and i wiped her tears. i hated seeing my best friend cry. especially about stuff like this. her parents are just unbelievable.

"thank you" she said.

"mhm now come on lets go shoot around" i said grabbing her hand.

we walked out on the court and decided to play knock out.

AFTER PRACTICE 🫧.

i walked into my dorm and set my stuff down. i unlocked my phone and clicked on nika's contact calling her.

i sighed at it rung and rung.

"omg answer the phone nika d***" i said.

i threw my phone on the bed and walked to the bathroom starting my water. ik nika in her feelings but lord.

i gotta go to bed knowing she good. and she being difficult. after my shower i got into bed and decided to text nika.

juju🥰: mamas please 🫠, just lmk you good or else im not getting no sleep tonight.

nika💕: im good!

juju🥰: bet be safe my love 🩷🩷.

as soon as she texted i hearted her message. that's all i wanted as of right now & ik she need her space and imma give it to her.

chapter 7🥹! you guys i been stalling because i was STRUGGLING. but im back! y'all juju made nika cry. lmk what you guys think! vote and comment!