17. Fear and Flight

As Jungkook was sleeping peacefully in his room, the tranquility of the night was shattered by the intrusion of a figure through the balcony. With slow, deliberate steps, the intruder made his way towards Jungkook's sleeping form. Unaware of the impending danger, Jungkook remained in a deep slumber until the sound of approaching footsteps jolted him awake.

Heart pounding with fear, Jungkook kept his eyes tightly shut, silently praying for it all to be a nightmare. His worst fears seemed to materialize when he felt a delicate hand brush against his shoulder, causing him to let out a terrified scream without even opening his eyes. 

"Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh"

The room filled with Jungkook's panicked shout until a hand covered his mouth, stifling his shouts. Through muffled breaths, Jungkook heard a familiar voice soothingly whisper, "Hey! It's me, open your eyes."

With a mixture of relief and confusion, Jungkook cautiously opened his eyes to find Taehyung standing before him, a mischievous grin playing on his lips. However, Jungkook's surprise only deepened as he noticed the backpack slung over Taehyung's shoulders.

Caught between relief and bewilderment, Jungkook couldn't help but wonder about Taehyung's unexpected visit. But his thoughts were interrupted by Taehyung's contagious laughter, filling the room as he found amusement in Jungkook's fearful reaction. 

Jungkook sat up on the bed, his expression a mix of concern and confusion as he faced Taehyung. "You? What are you doing here?" he asked, attempting to divert Taehyung's attention from his fearful shout.

Taehyung's voice tinged with worry,  "Namjoon's chapter has been solved, but tomorrow my family has invited the Wangs to see me for marriage"

"So?" Jungkook inquired, now standing facing Taehyung.

"I am going," Taehyung replied.

"Where?" Asked Jungkook.

"What do you mean, where? I am running away," Taehyung announced with a chirpy and excited voice.

"Taehyung, don't you ever do that," Jungkook warned, pointing his index finger at Taehyung.

"I am doing it. Everything is planned," Taehyung continued confidently. "I have come here to say goodbye to you."

"You are leaving now? As in right now?" Jungkook asked, still not quite believing that Taehyung was going to run away.

"Yes. You stay here for a few days. After that, you can go back to Seoul, okay?"

"Hang on! hang on! You are running away, and I should stay here," said Jungkook. 

"So?"

"Tomorrow, your family, who already think that you and I are having an affair, will tie me here to kill me," said Jungkook.

"Great! Then you can come with me too" Taehyung suggested with a smile.

"If we run away together, their suspicion will be confirmed," said Jungkook. He knew that the Kim family would assume he took Taehyung with him to elope. Taehyung's suggestion of fleeing together didn't sit well with Jungkook because he was worried about getting in trouble with Taehyung's family.

Taehyung dismissed Jungkook's concerns with a casual remark,
"Big deal. Why should it concern you?" He thinks that why Jungkook should worry about what his family will think, especially since they wouldn't meet again if they ran away together.

Jungkook, unfazed by Taehyung's response, retorted, "Correct. What difference does that make to me?" He adjusted his glasses and slung his bag over his shoulder, ready to depart.

"Come on, let's go." Said Taehyung.

As Taehyung and Jungkook descended the stairs in the hall, they moved quietly towards the door. However, Jungkook's attention was drawn to the first floor of the mansion's corridor, where he spotted Jimin standing with a confused expression, his hands resting on the railing. Their eyes met briefly before Jungkook quickly looked away, feeling a sense of unease.

Jungkook whispered to Taehyung, "Did you tell Jimin that we are running away?"

"No, why?" Taehyung asked, puzzled.

"Because he is looking at us right now," replied Jungkook, waving at Jimin.

Taehyung turned back, panicked, and exclaimed, "Sh!t...run, run!" He grabbed Jungkook's hand, and they started running out of the house. Jimin, confused, ran behind them, calling out Taehyung's name.

"Tae!! Wait..." Jimin called out, desperately running after them.

"TAE!! Wait..." Jimin called out, racing to the door in shock and panting. He watched both Taehyung and Jungkook hold hands as they ran.

Once outside the house, Taehyung and Jungkook sprinted towards the mansion's gate. Taehyung halted, turning to face Jimin.

"Jimin, I'll be back in 2 days. I'll call you tomorrow, and I swear, don't say anything to anyone," Taehyung pleaded.

"Uncle, Aunty, Mom, Dad, Tae is running away!" Jimin shouted, rushing back into the house to awaken everyone.

"Sh!t, let's go!" Taehyung exclaimed, grabbing Jungkook's hand as they dashed towards the gate of the mansion.

_____

Hey lovelies,
Thankyou so much for giving so much love to this book. Love you guys so much✨✨💜💜💎💎