chapter 8

It's the following Saturday and Avery and I are getting ready to go look at apartments. My mum is coming with me too because she wanted to, and she will know what is best to look for to prepare for a baby. I got ready for the day and mum, and I left to pick up Avery. We parked out the front of Avery's house and went in so my mum could speak to her mum and just say hello. They didn't speak for long before Avery was downstairs ready to leave. The three of us loaded back into the car as I started driving towards the first apartment.

We had 3 apartments to look at today. They're all within 5 minutes of each other and only about 20 minutes from where my parents live but in the next catchment over, so I won't see many of the people I grew up with around town. The first apartment was very nice, it wasn't as big as I expected but it had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms unfortunately there was also no washer and dryer, so I decided no for the first one. The second apartment only had 2 bedrooms, so it was immediately a no because we needed 3 bedrooms at a minimum. The last apartment was gorgeous, it was the cheapest option of the 3 and had 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. This one included a big patio outside with a washer and dryer included. This apartment was also located in a gated community which just makes me feel more secure especially with a baby on the way. Avery and I both agreed that we liked the last one the best, so we sent an offer in as soon as we left the viewing. Avery decided that she wants to move in with me at least for now and she can re-evaluate when the baby is born.

We drove back near my parents' house but decided instead of going home, we were going to baby bunting to do some more preparation since I will soon have a place to set everything up into. We mainly looked for bottles, teething toys, a car seat, play mat, and some maternity items like underwear, bras, and breast pumps for me to use after I give birth.

Looking through the store and picking out all the fun little baby items started getting my excited for having this child. We still have a long way to go before the bub gets here but I'm finally settling in to knowing my future.

I found a car seat the same brand as my pram that matches with the colour and style of the pram so I can attach the car seat with the base of the pram legs. I added that car seat to my trolley as well as several dummies, nappies, nipple cream, bottles, blankets and plushies. We didn't find any play mat that I liked but got everything else that I liked. We checked out and loaded everything into my car which took up a lot more space than I anticipated.

After leaving the store we went to McDonalds, and all got some lunch since we were all starving after all the apartment searching and baby shopping. We did drive thru, and all ate in the car before leaving to go home.

I got an email response from the real estate when we got home. The email said if we could prove that we had the finances for deposit and 6 months' worth of repayments from the bank loan we would need as well as a personal reference we can have the apartment. We dropped my mum home then Avery and I left to go to the bank for a loan.

We showed the bank our past 12 months of income and expenses as well as our separate savings account with enough for a deposit. The bank checked our details, accounts and borrowing history and after a long hour of speaking to them and showing them everything we were finally approved to borrow the money for our apartment. I sent the real estate everything they asked for including the statement of our loan from the bank and awaited a response.

Avery and I headed back to my house and immediately started researching furniture for our new apartment even though we still technically haven't got the apartment yet. We found the most gorgeous white fabric couch, matching white boucle bed frames, a glass dining table, and glass coffee table. We also found a 3 set of colourful flower textures art paintings that we ordered to go above our lounge room area. We didn't order anything until we got the confirmation in case something went wrong.

I was sitting on my bed when I had an incoming FaceTime from Luke. I answered as quickly as humanly possible.

Luke:

"Hey babe, how are you?"

Adley:

"Hey Lukey, I'm doing good! How are you my international superstar?"

Luke:

"You're funny I'm good love. I miss you though, what have you been up to?"

Adley:

"I miss you too! You'll never guess what Avery and I did today."

Luke:

"Ummm what did you do?"

Adley:

"We went apartment looking and found one that we put in an application together for."

Luke:

"Wait what?"

Adley:

"Avery and I are moving in together, how fun and crazy is that!?"

Luke:

"Are you sure that's a smart decision? It just seems a bit irresponsible."

Adley:

"Are you joking Luke?"

Luke:

"No, I'm being serious I don't think it's a smart thing for you to both do."

Adley:

"Oh, not smart like leaving your girlfriend and moving across the world for a whole year and only telling her 3 days before you left? Not as smart as that of course."

Luke:

"Oh, Ad drop the fucking attitude."

Adley:

"No fuck you Luke I'm done with this conversation."

I hung up without letting Luke respond before my eyes started tearing up. Avery came over and hugged me as I cried as silently as I could since she was in the corner of the room and heard everything Luke just said. Luke's attitude towards such a happy thing for Avery and I put a damper on such a fun day.

I cried my way into the shower and decided to just get ready for bed even though it was only around 4 in the afternoon. I showered and did my skincare before getting into my pyjamas and hopping into bed. Avery put Alvin and the Chipmunks on, and we watched the whole thing both distracted by our phones. After that we put criminal minds on, and Avery went to go have dinner with my family and tell my mum what happened. I didn't feel like having anything to eat or speaking to anyone so instead I just put my phone on charge, switched the TV to play Jessie and went to bed. I trusted Avery to make her way around my room and house to get ready for bed by herself.