Flyin' Ace

If Sarah had known what they were getting themselves into, she at least would have insisted on leaving Omega on Ord Mantell. Letting her be by herself for a while, even if it was enclosed in the Y-Wing with Rigel on standby, would have struck her as safer. Echo and Hunter were bound to return soon, anyway.

Instead, there they were, the entire rest of the squad walking the even seedier streets around the Safa Toma race dome. Sarah thought back to her days as a pirate chilling in Hondo's lair, and that seemed like a high-end dive bar compared to where they were now. Cid led the way at the front and center, with Sarah at her right side. Sarah kept Omega to her left, behind Cid, figuring that would at least be where the smallest of the group would be most protected. And, bringing up the rear, Tech and Wrecker towered over the three ladies like two bodyguards, fully armored and unafraid of whoever may have so much as hinted at a dirty look their way.

Cid looked over her right shoulder at Sarah and made a brief gesture at her. Sarah picked up her pace and, mindful of still being Omega's cover in some way, she evened her position with the Trandoshan and leaned in, prompting hushed voices. No one else needed to be listening in.

"Glad ya came," Cid said. "This pit of filth and scum should be a piece of cake for a former pirate like you."

Sarah took it as a compliment. "I did see some things over at Hondo's. Never a riot racing dome."

"Ya ain't here for the racing," Cid pulled to a stop. "I am."

The multiple speeders tailgating after the other down at the track raced by their area, the revving of their engines rising and then falling. When they were out of sight, Cid faced the crew behind her. "My new racer's gonna make us enough for two months, at least!"

"Aw, look at you being generous," Sarah walked up next to Cid, overlooking the racing track with a confident, arrogant little smile. "We're getting a two month vacation with this pay? I kinda like that."

Cid chuckled. "Ya know what I mean, Strider, don't push it."

As Sarah enjoyed the view and the memories of her scrappy past, Cid looked around the crowd, wary, though it didn't seem there was anyone targeting her or her companions. There may have just been one face among the crowd with particularly unfriendly eyes looking her way... or perhaps not?

At the possibility, Cid scrambled past the clones and led the way again. "We should head down to meet Tay-0. We're not 'ere to spectate."

Sarah picked up on the sudden change of pace as well as the way Cid suddenly became more tense, and she walked up to Wrecker first, grasping his forearm lightly.

"Whatever happens, prioritize Omega, will you?" Sarah whispered.

"You don't have to tell me twice," Wrecker nodded.

Sarah smiled softly, appreciative of Wrecker's reassurance—he was a pillar of strength, and not just physically. She then hurried to the front next to Cid, and she leaned in again, more secretive than before.

"If we're to keep hell from breaking loose, you need to tell us who to look out for," Sarah told Cid.

"You got good instinct," Cid muttered. "You call the shots."

Sarah couldn't help but pull back at Cid's words, her eyebrows raised and eyes widened.

"What?" Cid questioned.

Sarah chuckled. "Nothing. Just that... well, you've got a damn good right hand in me."

Cid's shoulders relaxed, and her lizard-like features seemed to adopt a hint of a smile. "Yeah, I don't doubt that."