Chapter 5 It was supposed to be a new beginning.

It had been a few weeks at the new job and Aria finally felt like things was looking up for her. She had a new job gained a real friend and learned the truth about Emmanuel's life. The fact that he lied so much about his wife and kids just put Aria in a dark space again but if it wasn't for Kenna, Aria wouldn't have known the truth and who knows how far or how bad things might have gotten.

It was late August and Aria found herself humming one of the old school songs the chefs use to play at the coffee shop at her desk. "Hey Aria, do you mind going to the coffee shop to pick up lunch for us? I've already called in the order you just need to collect it." Kenna asked Aria as she walked into their office. "Sure, no problem. I've been wanting to pop in to say hey to the guys. Don't laugh but I do miss them a bit." "I know you haven't seen them since you've started working here. And I must admit Chad has asked about you when I placed the order. But I also know you've been avoiding the shop because of you know who." Aria looks down as Kenna walks toward Aria's desk. Kenna then places a bit of cash on Aria's desk saying "Here, go pick up our lunch, go say hey to the guy at the shop and give Chad a hug. He said they miss you. I'll call my husband to make sure you know who won't be there." Aria smiles takes the money then hugs Kenna.

As Aria arrives at the coffee shop it seems a bit of a busy day for the guys. Just as she walks in, she dumps into an officer as he was about to leave spilling his juice on his shirt. Aria's eyes grows big in disbelieve about what just happened as she drops down to attempt to save the remaining food. The officer had dropped to help pick everything up. "I am so sorry about this. Their use to be a bell on the door to avoid things like this from happening." "Wait, hey, it's you." The office says as they lock eyes "Uhm it's me?" Aria says as she realizes that she's seen him before when she use to work at the shop. "I've been coming here almost every other day hoping I would see you again." The two slow stand up after gathering everything. "Yeah, I got another job. But please let me buy you another juice since I let you drop the first one." "ARIA" one of the chef's shouts peeping out the little window where they send the food out. "Hey guys" Aria smiles as she walks toward the till where Chad stood. Chad seemed very nervous Aria could tell as he kept adjusting his cap. "Hey Chad, I'm here for" "I know the lunch order Kenna called for." Chad interrupted her. "Yes, and a juice since I spilled his." Aria said as she glanced over to show Chad what happened.  The office then joins them as Chad's face then becomes annoyed. "I must get back but here's my number. You can make it up to me another time." The officer smiles then leave. "How have you been Miss business lady?" Chad asks as he tries to adjust his cap again. "I'm good. I miss you all so much. I think Kenna could tell." "Well, we've missed you too. You were the personality in this place." "ARIE, ORDERS READY WITH A SURPRISE." One of the chef's shouted out the small window. "You guys are too sweet. Thank you so much." Aria hands Chad the money for the food. But before she could even turn around Chad grabs her hand to pull Aria in for a hug, then whispers in her ear. "Please don't be a stranger." Aria smiles "Never to you." then heads back to work.

"Aria, finally I'm starving, and my tea is getting cold." Kenna says as she jumps up out of her seat. "Sorry the guys had a lot to say and I kind of bumped into a cute police officer. Well, I actually bumped into him and spilled his juice, but I got his number to make it up to him." Aria replies awkwardly as they walk to the office kitchen to take lunch. "I sent you to get us lunch and to say hey to your old coworkers and you come back with a cute guy's number. It must be this new vide now that your away from that situation." "Well, its thanks to you Kenna. You got me out of there just in time. This is the fresh new start I needed."

Things were slowly starting to look up for Aria it was just what she wanted, what she needed. Aria and Kenna had been preoccupied about a big project they were working on and a merger with another company. Suddenly Aria's phone buzzes. It's a text from Chad.