Chap.27 ( Never loose hope)

Chapter 27: Never loose hope

That night she could sleep for hardly 2-3 hours. Then she got ready even before Fajr and left for Diplomatic Enclave as Khadija was contantly calling.

"Thank God you came" , Khadija met her outside. Eyes hidden behind her specs looked worried. Haya was wearing black shalwar khamees and jacket. She came running towards Khadija " Now where do we have to go?"

"Inside....we will take the shuttke that will help us reach the Turkish embassy."

Just then an elderly couple were walking swiftly towards the shuttle.
"My sixth sense is telling me this uncle and aunty are also heading towards the Turkish embassy. Come fast Haya, we have to be from the first fifteen." She caught Haya's hand and moved forward and then she thought of something so she asked " We can enter by showing our ID and passport, you have brought them, right?"
Haya's brain suddenly shot! She was so disturbed last night that she almost forgot...

"Passport....I was going to get the passport today. It was not ready yet."
"Haya!!" Khadija looked at her puzzled.

"No...I am sorry...I...that...Khadija...I am really sorry...I dont have the passport." Her head started to spin. How could she make such a big mistake?

"You, you don't have passport then why did you come, huh? Because of you even my scholarship could be halted, do you realise that?"
Khadija burst out..and Haya who was always so dignified and was an example among her classfellows...started crying.
"I am sorry Khadija....I had some problems...my life..my life is very disturbed...I.." she kept wiping away her tears.
"Its ok Khadija, you go first. I will try again tomorrow."
Khadija was silent for a while then she said

"Give me your ID card."

"What?"

"Give me your ID card and go back and pick your passport from the office. Hopefully we can make an entry by your ID and by the time our turn comes you can return."
"But....but passport office is in Pindi..and it will take an hour to reach there and passport office will open at nine, embassy will open at seven." She worriedly look at the watch on her wrist.
"This is impossible. I can never return so fast that I can be in the first fifteen."

"Haya! I have learnt only one thing in life that nothing can defeat a person until he himself accepts defeat. Do you want to accept defeat so early? Here, give me the ID card, I have to reach before that uncle and aunty. She snatched the ID card from Haya's hands and ran towards the shuttle.
She wiped the tears from her eyes and glanced at her wristwatch. Will she get her visa? Or will Dolly's curse come true and she won't be able to visit Turkey? Will she never get Jihan Sikander?

But Khadija had said, nothing can defeat a person till he himself has accepted defeat and then she thought, she will not accept defeat so easily.

_______________

Don't forget to vote lovelies ❣️!