AZI Volume 6 Chapter 33

"So, this is it?"

"From what she's told me, this should be it."

To their right is an open-air dining area, and behind it is the actual restaurant, which also serves as the kitchen of the main establishment, a karaoke club called "Nest."

"I can see what you meant by me looking awkward at a place like this..."

Turning to Long Hua, Ye Chen goes on to ask—

"Long-laoban is the one hosting, right?"

"So, I'm only Long-laoban to you at a time like this?"

"Of course."

Taking the lead, Long Hua pushes one of the glass doors aside.

Upon entry, the reception counter is to one's left, and to the right is the large kitchen restaurant.

Sandwiched between the two is a long hallway with numerous doors, which lead into a soundproof room.

"Welcome, is this your first time here?"

Welcoming them in is a male worker dressed in a grey-colored business suit, to which, Long Hua answers—

"It is."

"Not including food and drinks—our rates are 200 NWDs per hour. You're also able to hire an employee of ours to join you in the room."

Towards the last remark, Ye Chen inwardly thought—

(Is it just me, or did this guy's tone just now sounded a bit on the suggestive side?)

"Oh?"

Raising an eye, Long Hua asks—

"By joining, do you mean you can do things other than singing and dancing?"

Clearing his throat, the worker replies—

"Sir, we're a respectable establishment. Matters of this nature are not to be talked about in the open."

Given an answer that cannot be considered a yes or a no, Ye Chen can't help but make an expression of concern.

In the same instance—

"Oh? Long-laoban."

"Hm?"

Turning his head to the side, Long Hua sees three individuals walking into the establishment.

"Oh, surnamed Shen."

Dressed in a loose white jacket over a black shirt is Shen Le, and accompanying her are Ling Yi and Chang Ye.

"Greetings, Colonel Ye."

Towards Ling Yi's salute, Ye Chen smiles awkwardly, and replies—

"No need for a formal greeting in such a casual setting."

Glancing at Chang Ye, who is hugging onto his Relic, which is a sword, to his chest, Long Hua thought—

(...Was this surnamed Chang a sword practitioner before becoming a weapon spirit?)

"So, what are you all doing here?"

Towards Shen Le's question, Qing Yue answers—

"Not much to do at the office, and was curious about a co-worker's part-time job. Why don't you three join us?"

"Is that fine with the other two?"

Smiling stiffly at Shen Le, Qing Yue asks back—

"Do you seriously think that someone like my captain would be able to sing well?"

"The hell is that supposed to mean, Qing Yue?"

As the people behind him exchange casual banters between themselves, Long Hua takes out a credit card to pay for the first hour.

Processing the payment quickly, the worker says—

"Done, here is the room key."

Taking the room key, Long Hua turns back to the others.

Simultaneously, a group of youths walked into the establishment.

"Welcome."

Turning to the youths, the worker welcomes them in, and goes on to say—

"Apologies, but we're out of rooms at this time."

"Ah?"

Hearing this, the young man—who looks to be the host of the group, blinks his eyes with a dumbfounding look on his face. Judging by how well-dressed he is, he definitely came from a wealthy household.

"..."

Looking at Long Hua and the others, and noticing the bar code tattoo on Ye Chen's right arm, the young man says—

"Hand the key over and scram."

Towards the young man's condescending tone, Shen Le asks—

"Just because we're Sinners?"

"Naturally."

Sensing trouble, the worker takes two steps back from the counter, while the young man continues to remark—

"In the first place—being accompanied by an old man, are any of you even here to sing?"

Being called an old man, Ye Chen thought—

(I'm not even 30 yet...)

"You want this key?"

Holding the key out with his index finger and thumb, Long Hua says—

"Press your knees onto the ground, and beg me for it."

"You...-!"

Couldn't be bothered to waste his breath with someone of this nature, Long Hua approaches them and throws out a punch—launching the young man directly into the ceiling.

.........

Silence reigns, but rather quickly, those who are accompanying the young man look to Long Hua with a pale complexion on their faces.

According to what they were taught, a Sinner shouldn't be allowed to attack non-Sinners, but the person in front of them had gone contrary to this common sense.

Sweeping a cold gaze over the young man's companions, Long Hua says—

"Pull him down. He's not doing this place any favors by acting as a ceiling decorative."

"Yes..."

"..."

Doing as told, two youths step forward, and pull the young man down from the ceiling by his feet.

With the whites of his eyes revealed, it's clear that the young man had fainted.

"..."

Taking out a bottle of water, Long Hua unscrews the cap, and pours the content over the young man's head.

"Ah...!"

Waking up with a gasp, the young man looks left and right—prior to raising his head, to see Long Hua smiling at him with what seems to be pity.

"Ai..."

Heaving a sigh, Long Hua feels kind of sorry for Zhou Chen, who will be forced to continue to defend this world until their last breath.

"So, this is the shit they produce at non-Sinner schools? Mm stupidity at its finest. Times have changed, people who are unable to adapt will inevitably be left behind. Indeed, people like you will most definitely be one of the first to go."

Turning to the worker, Long Hua tosses his credit card at the former, and says—

"I'll pay for the repairs. Send the receipt to DB-06-07 later."

Just as Long Hua had said this—

"..."

Seeing a bunch of familiar backs at the reception counter, Li Xue, who had heard the commotion slumps her shoulders, and asks—

"What are you all doing here?"