Chapter 7

Depression is fun, yippee, sorry for the short chapter. It's 5 am and I barely slept.
TW: None
___
Grim's slit pupils shrunk at the headmaster's voice coming from downstairs. Claws dug into Yuu as soon as they started to go down the stairs to greet the crow, still cradling the little monster in their arms with care. The feline made panicked noises at every step before his ears pin back and his chest puffs out in false confidence. Yuu absentmindedly gives Grim's chin a rub in an attempt to comfort, but it was swiftly batted away by a small paw.

Xiao was already in the living room, and listening to Crowley's speech. The adeptus just took the takeout boxes from the other's claws, and reluctantly placed them on the coffee table that looked like it was on it's last leg. His eyes are haft lidded, nodding occasionally to show that he was paying attention.

"Even though I am gracious, you cannot live here for free while I'm researching ways to get Yuu home. It's just logical, I provide shelter and food, and you do some odd jobs around the campus! Maybe it'll earn you some extra spending money.. If the budget allows it..." Crowley mumbles out the last part as he brings a clawed finger to his chin in contemplation. He quickly gives a strained grin to Xiao when he felt like holes were burning into his head from the stare the adeptus was giving. "Haha, fear not, it won't be difficult jobs of course!"

Beady yellow eyes dart to Yuu when there was creek of the floorboard. The headmaster smiles, "Ah, you, there you are! And- is that the raccoon that ruined the entrance ceremony?!"

The freckled boy startles a bit at the unholy screech that grated his ears. He composes himself, holding Grim closer with determined eyes. He clears his throat before pleading, "Headmage, please let Grim stay!"

Crowley glares at the squirming cat in the male's arms, "Absolutely not! There is no way that I would-"

___

The headmage recalls the incident with shame, hands in his lap and head held down. His posture was akin to that of a scolded puppy, he slouched in his office chair. The desk in front of him was littered with unfinished paperwork.

The only other man in the room leaned against the wall. His sharp eyes scanned the finished sheet on the top of the small stack in his gloved grasp. He takes a drag of his pipe that he held in his free hand, and a bored expression slowly turns into tired amusement. He glances at Crowley with a smirk and teased, "All it took was just a summon of a spear from a pup, not even threatening you but just the appearance of it, and you're following commands? I'll remember that next time I ask for a raise."

Crowley glares at the teacher and throws his hands up dramatically. "It's not just that! I already had to deal with having that- that stick held against me once today! My back got obliterated when he slammed it into the floor, I refuse to chance it."

"Trein would have an aneurysm if he heard you refer to a weapon of war as a mere stick."

"You really think I care about Trein right now?! I was given scoliosis!"

"Mhm, whatever you say."

"Take me seriously, Crewel!"