Prank Gone Wrong

You laugh to yourself slightly as your eyes skim over the fake hickey you've put on your neck in the mirror.

Margot has been gone for the past few weeks for shooting for a film, and you've barely spent any time with her, so you came up with a harmless little joke yesterday. Or so you thought.

"Baby!" Margot squeals in excitement as she outstretches her arms for you to fall into, which you gladly do.

You stand on your toes to press your lips to hers gently, and when you break for air, you stifle a small giggle when you see her eyes drop to your neck.

You smile at her, as if nothing is happening, until she hooks her fingers under your chin and tilts your head to the side angrily.

"What the fuck is that?" she asks, in more of a scream than a question.

You raise your hand up to your neck, covering the hickey slightly, and you shrug in faux anxiety. "What are you talking about?" you ask, and you feel your heart clench in your chest in guilt at the words leaving your lips despite everything being a joke.

"I'm talking about the fucking hickey on your neck, Y/N," Margot says. "Who have you been with?"

"What? No one, love—" you begin.

She cuts you off harshly, "Don't fucking lie to me. Who have you been with?"

"No one, my love!" you say, raising your voice slightly.

You watch a fire blaze in her eyes as she reaches into your back pocket for your phone. You don't stop her when she puts your passcode in, knowing you changed it from your anniversary to a random combination to make it more convincing.

When it fails, she looks at you, anger and betrayal swimming in her deep blue eyes. "What's your passcode?"

"I'm not telling you that!" you say, and reach over to try and grab your phone.

Before your fingers can graze it, she throws it at the wall behind you, making it shatter and then fall to the ground.

"What the fuck, Margot?" you exclaim, now a little angry, but at the same time, you realise you've taken it too far, and maybe you should admit that it was all a prank.

But just then, Margot shoots you an angry glare befpre storming upstairs. You hear the lock to your shared bedroom door click.

Fuck.