✰𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙱𝚘𝚢 𝚆𝚑𝚘 Lived✰

"That's nott faiirrr" a young red haired girl was arguing with her mother.

"Ginny, please stop being unreasonable and go finish your dinner" replied the short, plump mother of the girl.

Ginny huffed and plopped onto her chair. All this was being watched by the rest of the family.

"Y/n dear, why on earth do you find that dusty old carpet amusing?" Mrs Weasley asked the girl sitting next to her.

"Oh, uh... Sorry. I was just...thinking" she replied. But of course, her thoughts weren't the normal 11 year old girl's thoughts.

One of the red haired boys snorted.

"What's so funny, Ron?" Mrs Weasley was now looking straight at him.

"Oh nothing really" he said, all while sneakily smirking at Y/n.

Y/n internally rolled her eyes, that prick!
The scene was very awkward indeed. Most people sitting around the dinner table looked alike, all except Y/n. Of course the reason for this was because Y/n wasn't really part of this family. Sure, she felt like it but really she wasn't. Nobody obviously made any difference to it, she was always treated the same like all of her brothers and sister. But she couldn't help wondering who her real parents were. Where they could be at the moment. Sometimes thinking about this led to tearful nights with Ron telling her everything was fine, Ginny patting her back to sleep. They were the best "family" she could ever wish for. But that wasn't the problem. The real reason she'd been worrying ever since her eleventh birthday was because she didn't know if her parents were witch and wizard. She didn't know if it would've been passed down to her.

"So...Y/n? Ron? Excited for Hogwarts?" Mr Weasley asked, breaking the silence Y/n was hoping they'd maintain.

"Obviously, I've been waiting my wholeee life!" Ron replied between bites of chicken.

Ginny looked sulky now. She could feel all eyes on her so y/n pretended to not hear the past 5 minutes of conversation.

"Y/n, you good?" George asked sounding worried.

"Earth to Y/n" it was Fred this time.

"What.. Oh yeah... I'm very... Very excited"

"If that's all of you done, better head up to bed then" Mrs Weasley said to everyone.

Y/n shared a room with Ginny so when Ginny got up, she did too. When reaching the comfort and safety zone of their bedroom, she collapsed onto her bed. Ginny looked extremely worried.

"I'm fine" y/n said from looking at Ginny's expression.

"Y/n, you're not, I know it"

Y/n sighed.

"I'm sorry Ginny, is it ok if I talk to you"

"Of course"

Y/n was lucky to have someone like her.

"I've been thinking...worrying about...my - my past. You know..how I was left in your guys's doorstep. Its...its" she broke down in tears.

Ginny quickly sat down by her side, an arm over her shoulder.

"I promise you Y/n, you are loved...by everyone. This family and - and your own. And when you go to Hogwarts, everyone there will like you as well."

She stopped crying. Ginny was the best sister ever.

"Oh and did you know-" Ginny continued "-that Harry Potter might come to Hogwarts this year. That's why I've been wanting to go"

"Hairy who?"