Royal #13: Journey... So Far

Greetings, it's me Prince Racules, the older brother of Prince

Greetings, it's me Prince Racules, the older brother of Prince.... sorry, King Alister. I am also the one narrating the story, which is weird because I am also involved in the tale unfolding before you. I have plenty more stories to tell, but for now, how about we take a walk down memory lane and go over things that have happened so far?

"Racules, who are you talking to?" asked King Alister

"Oh, I'm just talking to the audience." Racules said breaking the fourth wall

Oh, sorry, don't mind my idiotic brother. He's still new to the idea of being the king of Shugoddam, but he's slowly getting there. Anyways, on with the recap. Our recap starts... at the very beginning. 

Long ago, there was an ancient battle between two opposing sides. On one side, were the army of the country of Valhalla, and on the other were the Dark Empire Overthrower. Overthrower wanted to takeover Valhalla and bring about what the called the "Fury of the Overthrowers", essentially destroying everything and everyone who was living in Valhalla. The army of Valhalla were losing and were about to be killed, when two warriors in Crimson and Cyan appeared, with their suits and helmets themed after a stag and rhinoceros beetle.

With their aid, the army of Valhalla were able to turn the tide of the war and essentially save the country from the Dark Empire Overthrower. The two heroes became a legend that was passed down from generation to generation. After the battle, Valhalla was split into two coexisting kingdoms named Shugoddam and Tech Heaven.

Someone punched the tree and swung the wooden sword in his hands. This was Alister Hasty, the prince of Shugoddam. He lived with his mother, Queen Yuriko, his father Reineil Hasty and his older brother Racules Hasty. Alister sported dark hair with red highlights and his regal attire sported the symbol of Shugoddam, a Stag Beetle.

Upon entering the castle, Alister was greeted by his family and crossed his arms, which was the Shugoddam salute. Racules then jumped on his brother and ruffled his hair, the two brothers had always been close.

"There's my little brother!" Racules bellowed

"Hey, Racules, good to see you too." Alister said

"By the way, have you spoken to the princess of Tech Heaven lately?" Racules asked

"No, but I'm going over there later." Alister said

The one that they were talking about was Makino Saiki, the princess of the kingdom of Tech Heaven. Alister and Makino had been best friends since they were kids and their families got along.

Makino was the daughter of King Hiroshi and Queen Kyoko. She had grown up being taught about technology from her parents. She also loved everything to do with technology. Up in both of their castles, Alister and Makino's family had tapestries depicting the events from the ancient battle against the Dark Empire Overthrowers. Although all of them had been eradicated, Emperor Eres, had survived and rose the power to exact his revenge.