Chapter Fourteen: Grasping The Element of Darkness

"𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐡𝐮𝐡?! 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬?! 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫! 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐝𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐟𝐮𝐥! 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐠𝐭𝐡!" 

- 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐕𝐞𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐚

.

.

.

Alaric POV 

"NOOOOO!" I screamed out snapping out from the vision, but the chuckling laughter of my other self continues to ring out in my mind. 

Sweat coated my face as I gazed at the castle wall in front of me that cannot be the path I take in order to save her majesty from the fate that awaits her there must be some other way I thought with desperate panic. 

A knock on the door snaps me out from my inner turmoil "Sir Alaric is everything alright in there I heard the sound of screaming from here," came the voice of one the many care maidens her voice sounded young roughly around my age. 

Standing up from my position on the ground I open the door only to pause once I saw her face long brown curly hair that went down her shoulders, hazel-colored eyes, and while her skin was covered with a bit of dust which did little to hide her beauty. 

I gulped I've seen my fair of share women no thanks to Sir Lancelot, but I never quite found myself attracted to them mostly since they were a lot older than me.

"Sir, are you alright?" her voice calls out I shake my head "Ah- yes I am fine thank you for your concern miss?" I paused with a raised brow hoping she would give her name. 

"Eliza," she quickly informed with a small smile "well lady Eliza, I assure you I am alright although I could use a goblet of water right about now," I replied back with a smile of my own she nodded her gaze lingering a bit on my face "of course sir," she said walking away from the door. 

I watch her trailing figure until she disappeared then the smile on my face finally went away, and a sigh exits from my mouth after "God damn you both to be Lancelot, Merlin the two of you have corrupted me," I muttered closing the door behind me. 

Walking back to where I was sitting before, I grabbed my fallen sword sheathing it back in a smooth fashion.

 My eyes inspected the weapon thinking over what I had seen in my vision perhaps if I kill whoever this Mordred is then everyone should be saved no needless bloodshed will have to be spilled. 

That wouldn't work though, would it? It's Artoria and Camelot's fate to fall isn't it if I were to stop it all from happening humanity will deploy its guardians to either stop or kill me. 

"Sir Alaric I have arrived back with the goblet of water you requested," came the voice of Eliza heading over I open the door once again "my thanks lady Eliza," I said with a nod. 

Eliza bowed her head "it was nothing Sir Alaric if that was all may I be dismissed?" she asked as I take the goblet from her "yes that's all for now," I said walking back into the room drinking the cold water to calm my nerves down. 

My eyes look over the view of the window "almost time for my first day of training with lady Morgan to begin...I should probably go lest I be late," I mutter.