4 | 30 | Weird Way to Ask Me to the Ball

"...one hand on her waist and one went intertwined with hers"

Lisa did not cry or get sad, she just told herself to focus on getting a date and getting her homework done

However, she was very distanced from Harry up until the day came. She didn't want to see him. Although she felt really stupid, and so did Daphne. They thought for sure he had a thing for Lisa, but apparently Cho's better.

Daphne was furious and threatened to hit Cho with a hair-loss jinx on the night.

Blaise finally gave in when Daphne cried for Lisa and said he would be her date. She thanked him and was glad at least it was a good friend or someone she knew.

She knew Blaise would be fun, too. He wouldn't sit around and sulk, he has always been the life of the party.

As the girls were getting ready for the Yule Ball, she promised herself a couple things. One, she would have the best night ever and two, after this she would cut Harry out of her life like Severus wanted.

Severus was pretty indifferent when Lisa told him she was going with Blaise, because he didn't know she was planning on asking Harry.

Daphne was helping her tease and curl her hair while Lisa was doing her own makeup. The dorm was full of girls rushing to get ready while giggling about the night to come. Daphne sighed. "I'm sorry, Lisa. He has nothing to offer, anyway, other than the nerve to ask someone in front of you!"

Lisa shrugged. She needed to stay away from Gryffindors like everyone recommended anyway.

She headed down after helping Daphne with her hair, and Slytherins were already waiting down there, oo'ing and clapping and telling her how pretty she and her dress were.

Lisa felt grateful for all the cheering, they were making her feel better. Blaise held out an arm and asked if she was ready. She nodded, trying to hype herself up.

Alone in the hall, Blaise sighed. "I know you wanted to go with Potter." Lisa tried to deny, but he shook his head. "I already know. And as much as I personally hate him, I wish he didn't live up to my expectations."

Lisa gave him a half smile. "It's fine, he probably had no idea I was into him. It's just embarrassing... please don't tell a lot of people."

Blaise raised an eyebrow. "Me? Gossip?" They chuckled as the Great Hall was coming up. "I wouldn't gossip about you, Lisa."

As they entered, some people stopped to look. Probably at Blaise, Lisa thought. He was probably the most attractive Slytherin.

She glanced over and saw the Champions in a group together with their dates. However, Cho was with Cedric, not Harry. Harry looked at Lisa and Blaise with surprise, but she refused to meet his eye. Instead, she tilted her head high and found some other Slytherins near the drinks, about to get ready to party.