Part 17

Ollie Bearman

Second Chances

Ollie Bearman sat in his dimly lit apartment, staring at the screen of his laptop as he scrolled through old photos of him and Valentina. Memories flooded back, each one accompanied by a pang of regret. He had let his work consume him, leaving little time for the woman he loved.

Valentina had been his rock, his source of joy in a world filled with deadlines and meetings. But he had taken her for granted, always putting work first. Until one day, she couldn't take it anymore and walked out of his life.

Determined to make things right, Ollie reached for his phone and dialed Valentina's number. After a few rings, she finally answered, her voice hesitant.

"Valentina, it's me, Ollie," he said, his heart pounding in his chest. "I know I messed up, but I want to make things right. I love you, and I'll do whatever it takes to prove it to you."

There was silence on the other end of the line, and Ollie held his breath, waiting for her response.

After what felt like an eternity, Valentina spoke softly. "Meet me at our spot in an hour."

Ollie's heart soared with hope as he hung up the phone and hurriedly got ready. He couldn't believe that she was giving him a second chance, but he wasn't about to let her slip away again.

When he arrived at their spot—a cozy café nestled in the heart of the city—Valentina was already there, sitting at their favorite table by the window. She looked up as he approached, and Ollie's breath caught in his throat at the sight of her.

"Valentina," he said, taking a seat across from her. "I'm so sorry for everything. I know I haven't been there for you, but I promise to make it right this time. I'll be the partner you deserve."

Valentina studied him for a moment, her expression softening. "I missed you, Ollie. I missed us."

Tears pricked at the corners of Ollie's eyes as he reached across the table to take her hand in his. "I missed you too, more than you'll ever know."

"But you should know Ollie, that I can't just go back to the way things were, I tried to ignore it but it didn't work and I'm not going to waste another two years with you just for you to decide that I'm not and will never be as important as your work"

"I know, and that's not going to happen again. When I lost you I realised that I couldn't even function properly without you Val, you're what keeps keeps me going, you're my rock and I'm never going to let you go again" Ollie said trying to give Valentina some peace of mind.

And just like that, they were back together, ready to start anew. From that day forward, Ollie made sure to prioritize their relationship above all else. They spent lazy Sundays in bed, exploring the city hand in hand, and sharing quiet moments of intimacy that reminded them of why they fell in love in the first place.

With each passing day, their bond grew stronger, and Ollie knew that he would never take Valentina for granted again. They were meant to be together, and nothing—not even his demanding job—could come between them.