Chapter 1 - Extreme Protocol

A/N: I don't own any rights to the characters of the MCU

Carol was flying at max speed since she received the pager alert from Fury. All she got from the pager was that some super powered people had gone rogue on Earth, and Fury needed her to help someone fix it.

The last time she was on Earth was about eight years ago. She missed Goose, Maria, Monica and Fury. Unfortunately, when she got to Earth, she saw a terrorist group about to kill a group of children. On instinct she flew down and stopped the terrorists, but when the army got there, a general Hale wanted to take her in.

Fury then appeared out of nowhere, now the director of SHIELD. But the general claimed he only had authority if SHIELD takes control over the scene. Carol thought it was weird that Hale almost looked eager for that to happen. Not that Fury gave her the chance, instead he called to someone else, his godson Tony Stark, who had ties in the military and made sure that not only did Carol was free of this incident, but she was to be treated with respect according to her rank as captain in the air force. And so, she was officially a human citizen once again.

She wanted to thank the man for going above and beyond for her, but the man was very important, he was a Stark after all, and very busy so she had to wait for an opportunity. But it seems like that wasn't meant to happen as she received an urgent call to help from the Skrulls and had to leave.

Carol will admit she was still a little worried, because the same time she was about to fly off Fury stormed in, with a look she never saw before on his face. Pure worry and fear. Apparently, Tony Stark went missing after an attack on his demonstration site. Neither a body nor the man himself was found. Fury begged her to spare sometime to help them look, but Carol couldn't leave the Skrulls undefended.

She suggested Fury will use SHIELD resources, but the man adopted a guarded look before saying a quick goodbye and disappearing again. Carol didn't want to leave. She owed both Stark and Fury a lot. Both returned her life on Earth to her in a certain way, but still with a heavy heart she flew into space.

Eight years of travelling and helping caused her to forget about what happened on Earth, but it all came back to her when she got the message from Fury.

Finally, once she entered Earth's atmosphere her coms connected to the local channels. She slowed herself in descent toward the planet, and it didn't take Fury long to connect her to his com system. His voice was more gruff and tired than ever before as he said "Danvers. About fucking time!"

Carol didn't exactly appreciate that comment. Friend or not, she replied to him slightly annoyed "Look Fury I didn't come here from the next planet over, it takes time to cross solar systems, even in my speed." She took a deep breath and added more softly "I will land at DC in a few minutes..."

She wanted to offer to wait until they catch up, but Fury cut her "I need you in Siberia as soon as possible, sending you coordinates now."

Confused, but hearing the urgency in the man's voice she altered her trajectory to patch of white land beneath her. While flying down to the location Fury provided, she asked "What's the mission?"

The next words came robotic from the man, but Carol could still feel the tension behind them "Your mission is to locate Tony Stark aka Iron-man and report. If you meet any resistance, especially Captain America, eliminate on contact."

Carol almost froze in the air, and it had nothing to do with the coldness around her. Did Fury lose his mind in those years?

Tony Stark was still missing after all those years and Fury hoped she will be able to locate him? And what was is about Captain America? Didn't the man supposed to be dead? And even if he wasn't, while Carol never been a fan he is considered a hero, why would Fury order her to kill him on sight?