19

Blair POV.

"I didn't expect you to get married so quickly." This is the first thing Robert says when he sees me.

I look at him, not knowing how to respond. I seem to have always lived alone since I was a child. After being exiled to Country B, I thought I would continue to be lonely. But Robert's appearance changed my life.

He introduced me to many friends, drove me around to have fun, and we spent Christmas, New Year's, and our birthdays together.

If I have to spend the rest of my life with a man, I think Robert is a good choice.

But people can never keep up with the speed of change.

So I remain silent for a moment, and finally just say, "Yes."

"That day in casinos we got drunk; the next day you were gone, and they said your brother took you away."

"My brother doesn't like me going to places like casinos."

"Thank goodness." Robert forces a smile, "I almost thought you were kidnapped."

I press my lips together and jokingly say, "Actually, it's not much different from being kidnapped. You know, our family is too authoritarian."

"So do you truly like the man you're marrying?" Robert's tone speeds up slightly.

I see the light in his eyes and I open my mouth.

Just then, Barbara comes down the corridor and says we are leaving for the church in ten minutes.

I nod and turn to look at Robert, who has already regained his calm expression.

"I came today to wish you a happy wedding," he pauses and says, "and I have some good news for you."

"What?"

"Last time you were in Country B, you asked me to help find someone. I might have found him. A week ago, there was a shooting incident in a small border town in Country B. The shooter was a man from your country. After he was imprisoned, the police uncovered his other criminal history, and he's still in jail. But this man has a lawyer, and someone is trying to bail him out."

My heart skips a beat, and I ask, "How did you find him?"

"I always keep my promises." Robert shrugs, "I have a friend in the police, and I sent him the photo and name you provided. If he's daring enough to smuggle and carry guns in your country, he must be a dangerous person. Take a look and see if it's him."

He takes out his phone and sends me a photo.

I compare the photo with the one on my phone—the one Amelia gave me when she was investigating this person.

I nod and say, "It's him. His original name is Apex, and he has a scar at the corner of his eye."

Apex is the owner of Night Bar, where I was almost raped and then shot the raper.

But Robert continues, "Blair, I know this man is related to your foster mother, and I understand your family's situation is very complicated. So I'm really worried about you..."

Barbara comes over to urge me.

He pauses, looks at me, and finally says, "I'll contact you once I find more information about him. Only when you're safe will I be at ease."

"Thank you." I say.

Today is a sunny day.

Sunlight streams through the stained glass windows of the church, casting colorful patterns. Antonio and I stand under the statue of Jesus, exchange rings, and say "I do" to each other.