Becomes The Vessel

Waking up, I rub the sleep from my eyes, trying to adjust for the bright - gleaming sun. The replay of memories from that dream still burned into my mind. It was both the most amazing and most horrifying day of my life.

Learning I had a special energy that I could manipulate and manifest was the best part but as I became older, more able to read, I soon learned that it was my responsibility to exorcise them. Those things. The demons my younger mind was forced to witness. It did grow easier, seeing the sickly things, that is.

My mother often held back on allowing me to fight curses, ensuring I never go after anything higher than a semi-third grade. Yet with each successful exorcism came a bigger and bigger pool of cursed energy. At first I was barely able to see curses, consciously at least, often only seeming them flicker. As I exorcised more and more of them, they became more solid, I could see them clearly and see the energy they exuded.

I plant my feet on the floor, the carpet tickling my bare soles and softening the step I had taken. 'Exorcism' I thought to myself, 'It's a word used by Jujutsu Sorcerers, you can't exactly kill a curse, but you can put them down for awhile.' Standing up I walk to the door of my room, gripping the cool metal, and gently opened it.

The way the book defined curses as grades was confusing, there was many different factors involved. Whether that be the curses intelligence, cunningness, physical ability, cursed energy level or potential for destruction. I personally went on the cursed energy level. If I felt the energy from so far, I would grade it myself.

It wasn't always accurate, sometimes I'd get tossed around by a semi-third grade - expecting a grade four or less, but it did its job.

Lugging myself to the bathroom I start the daily rituals. Brushing my teeth, showering, and drying as I look myself over in the mirror. A bright pink fluff sat atop my head, originally being brown but for some reason pink began to bleed in, my mom thinking it was to do with my cursed energy. Brown - almost black - eyes inspected the pink tufts before meeting themselves in the mirror. A few minute scars layered my skin, a small line here, a barely visible dot there. No one said fighting curses would be easy. Wrapping the towel around my waist, I head back for my room, thinking over the past six years.

Now a ten year old, I was much more conscious of the curses the world called friends. When I first set out to fight a curse, at 7 years old, I was exposed to how many curses truly existed. Even if I could only see them out of the corners of my eyes, or flickering in my focused vision,the world was infested with them. Quirk on quirkless crime, non-mutant on mutant crime, bullying, villain and hero casualties, every one of these situations and more added to the curses numbers.

The curse I ended up fighting was a purple worm, a gradeless curse in which it just ran from me. Eventually after catching it and cornering it, it seemingly started to beg for its life, confusing me. Curses were meant to be hostile, anything they could kill, they would. And here was this purple worm goveling for mercy. The younger me adopted the worm, which now accompanied me everywhere, but it annoyed me how trusting I was.

Drying myself, I put on some casual wear, today being a Saturday which gave me freedom from school. Walking over to my bed, I crouch down, tapping the floor. Zaiko crawled out, wrapping around my waist, and then up and around my torso - level with my elbow- , and finally up onto my left shoulder.

I had accidentally discovered that Zaiko could store items. I had given them some food, thinking I needed to feed them, and they ate it up. Later on that day when I was hungry, the cursed spirit spat out the food I had given it prior, making me a little ill but also excited.

Soon I began to store things within the spirit, after a few more tests. This became incredibly useful when I had found my first cursed tool. These tools, as the Jujutsu book described, were tools imbued with cursed energy granting them special properties and the ability to harm curses. I had managed to get my hands on a one, after killing a curse. It and Zaiko had quickly found a bond in utility, allowing me to use the tool to its fullest.