001

---

---

'far better odds might exist in the household of the widowed vicountess bridgerton. a shockingly prolific family, noted for it's bounty of perfectly handsome sons and perfectly beautiful daughters.'

"I am already roasting." eloise groaned to no one in particular. "are you to complain the entire day, eloise?" her younger sister Francesca implied, not exactly thrilled by her sisters whining already.

"she complains everyday franny, it is not exactly unusual." emily remarked, snickering to herself as Eloise gave her a slight offended look. "oh hush sister and besides, surely I cannot be expected to bear these fashions the entire day." Eloise tried to reason but their younger sister tried to slip into the conversation.

"I look like a princess." hyacinth smiled, holding onto the bottom of her dress. "do I look like one?" a question for either of her sisters to answer.

"do you truly wish to know what I think you look like?" Eloise replied, Francesca and emily laughing discreetly towards eloise's dread. "you are the prettiest of all princesses hyacinth." emily answered, letting her ten year old sister smile sweetly at her.

"on your left!" their little brother Gregory exclaimed, just about missing hyacinth's right side.

"oh...Gregory!"

Benedict watched his younger sibling's come down the stairs and noticed who was missing from the lot.

"is our dear sister still not ready?" he asked, not understanding what 'beauty takes time' would mean.

"she's only been readying herself the entire night." francesca replied excitedly, but eloise butted in.

"you mean her entire life." emily softly hit her as a response, "beauty takes time sister, and i would of been looking beautiful this morning if you hadn't jumped on my bed and pulled me out of my beauty sleep."

eloise hit her back and colin turned to his brother. "i shall run upstairs and hasten her along." he decided but Benedict thought otherwise.

"colin, wait." his older brother tried to stop him, "I'll do it. she likes me better than you Benedict." colin commented making his face drop and emily laugh silently.

"did she say that?"
"everyone says that."

"benny." emily called over to him, he looked back over to her expecting her to say that he is her favourite instead.