Chapter 12 - In the Aftermath

In the outer reaches of Earth's orbit, a colossal aerial fortress looked back down at the barren and lifeless planet of Earth. This facility, known as Cosmos, is the central headquarters of APE, where the Seven Sages of the Lamarck Club who rule over what remains of humanity on Earth reside. Within a domed room in the center of Cosmos, the Seven Sages were currently gathered together in a circle for a special meeting.

Each of the Seven Sages was sitting on their tall chairs, each dressed divinely, wearing white and gold robes as if they were Gods. Each Sage wore masks that bore a resemblance to species of apes and were named after what they represented; Tarsier, Marmoset, Gorilla, Lemur, and Baboon. Sitting on top of the tallest chair was Papa, who was revered by all of humanity back down on the surface as a living God, while the Vice-Chairman sat right beside him. Papa was dressed the most elegantly of the Seven Sages, wearing an elegant white and gold chasuble while wearing a grand mask on his face like the others.

In the background of the room where the Seven Sages were gathered together, footage played of the new Klaxosaur that had recently appeared.

"Disciples, we are all gathered here today in the wake of a discovery," Papa announced, his voice booming throughout the room, "Not too long ago, a new Klaxosaur specimen has revealed itself to us, and this new specimen of Klaxosaur is unlike anything we have seen before in our records, as you will soon see here..."

In the center of where the Sages had gathered, a hologram projection appeared. The hologram depicted a model of how the new Klaxosaur had looked like. The new Klaxosaur was unlike anything that was seen in any prior class of Klaxosaur, having a unique build and form compared to how Klaxosaurs are usually built. Examining the hologram, the Sages quietly talked amongst each other, discussing the features of the new Klaxosaur.

"As you all can see in this model here, this is what our new specimen of Klaxosaur looks like," the Vice-Chairman inserted, "This new specimen of Klaxosaur is unlike anything that we have seen before, according to our records. This new specimen does not match any other class of Klaxosaur that we have identified in the past, making this new specimen that we are now looking at a wholly new class of Klaxosaur..."

"It strikes me of how humanoid this Klaxosaur is built," Marmoset questioned, "Klaxosaurs are usually built more monstrously, but this specimen of Klaxosaur looks entirely different compared to any prior class of Klaxosaur that we have seen before..."

"I agree, the humanoid build of this new Klaxosaur is an interesting aspect indeed, almost akin to a FRANXX model" Gorilla inserted, "Could it be possible that Klaxosaurs like this one could be attempting to mimic the FRANXX model?"

"No, that cannot be the case," Tarsier rebutted, "Klaxosaurs cannot evolve in that short of a time, it is more than certain that what we are looking at is a new specimen of Klaxosaur that we have never seen before."

Tarsier turned towards the Vice-Chairman.

"Vice-Chairman, aside from the details that we already know, do we know about any other aspects of this new specimen of Klaxosaur?" Tarsier inquired.

"Well, other than what I described to you, this is all that we know about the features of this new specimen of Klaxosaur as of so far," the Vice-Chairman explained, "Doctor Werner Frank has already taken an obsession with researching this new Klaxosaur specimen as of late. So we can surely expect that the Doctor will come bearing discoveries about this new specimen of Klaxosaur as his research progresses."

"What I'd like to know is how much of a threat this new specimen of Klaxosaur poses to our operations," Marmoset asserted, "Vice-Chairman, what do we know of this Klaxosaur's behavior so far? Judging from the footage that we have already seen, it cannot be ignored that his new specimen of Klaxosaur is much more intelligent and strategic than any prior class of Klaxosaur!"