Chapter 5: Empty Forest

The next room has a fork in the road, I can go north or east. Before I decide where to go next I clear the room of enemies. I notice this demolished cabin while I'm looking for enemies to bring justice upon. It's completely destroyed, I wonder who used to live here? I see a note on the cabin, well, the remains of the cabin.

"Dear owner of the dilapidated cabin, first, I am sorry that your cabin is so dilapidated. Like, I don't know what happened to it, but I'm sure it was unfortunate. Secondly, I am sorry that some of your wood is missing. According to the royal guard guidebook section forty two paragraph one, "so long as notice is given to the original owners at least two business days prior, any eyesores can be repurposed as puzzles or traps". Well, I didn't know how to contact you but consider this notice! Unfortunately not of the prior variety but y'know, notice." I chuckle, she literally just robbed someone, but she was so nice about it. It's odd to me that someone like that is working under that bloodthirsty king Asgore. Nonetheless, if I see her I need to be ready to defend myself. She's probably much stronger than she looks given her guard status. I continue to hunt enemies.

I've gotten pretty good at killing these igloos at this point. I'm about to kill the fifteenth one. Seeing all these igloos has got me thinking, why are there monsters that are just replicas of man-made structures? Then I remember, if monsters and humans used to both live on the surface like I've heard in stories then maybe igloos were designed after these frostermits? How long ago was the human monster war? I take down the fifteenth igloo, my LV remains at 7. No matter, I head east.

East is a dead end with nothing but a tree. This tree has no leaves which is to be expected in a winter climate. There's icicles on the tree, they fall off. I pick them up and load them into my gun. They're probably better than the rubber bullets I was using before, these icicles don't even seem to be melting, how thoughtful of them!

I head north and encounter a new monster. It looks tired.

Insomnitot - ATK 6 DEF 5

Up past its bedtime.

It shots star shaped projectiles at me but they're easy enough to avoid. I fire my shot and it looks like it does much more damage than when I was using rubber ammo. A herd of sheep charge at me suddenly, some of these monsters have some odd magic attacks... I avoid the sheep and finish off the enemy.

YOU WON!

You earned 18 XP and 5 gold.

Good. It's time to keep moving. I walk into a room with a table in the middle. There's a cup of coffee on the table. Odd, why's this here? I realize I can use this hot coffee to help that kid. I approach the coffee but then I hear a voice. I reach for my gun.

"What's this? A new customer?" Customer? I refrain from grabbing my gun for now, this monster might be okay.

A raccoon monster wearing a professional looking blue suit and blue hat slides in from out of the forest and kicks over the table. He catches the coffee before it falls to the floor, only spilling a bit of it.

"Bam! Who am I? Nobody of note. Ya know. JUST THE BEST DARN SALESMAN EVER!" Well he's humble...

"WAM! I'm Mo! Anyways... The fact that you tried to get your mitts on this mug could only mean one thing. You're looking for a deciduous little something to hit the spot, right? Of course! I know your type! So you want this here beverage?"

"Yes, I-"

"No you don't!" I didn't even get to answer...

"Liquids? So last season. Solids? The season before." He throws the mug away, spilling the coffee all over the snow. I could've used that to help that kid... not to mention it's just a waste in general...