Chapter 7

(Warning: Uh, an attempted death??? If that counts, along with a touch of abuse)

~FLINT P.O.V

Heading into the Big Rock Candy Mountain, we walked through a tunnel that was full of crystals. The invention on my head kept shaking the closer we went through the tunnel.

But the one thing on my mind was why Bella was acting strange. I haven't said anything but noticed that she has been hanging around Tom since this morning and hasn't said anything to me in a long time.

Is she... Starting to like Tom again? Or... Is he manipulating her?

Snapping out of my thoughts, we walked through a waterfall at the end of the tunnel. We gasped in awe, staring at the inside cavern around us.

"Magnificent," Chester grinned, the five of us walking toward the edge of the cliff we were standing on.

The laser went up onto a large raised island in the middle of the cavern, suggesting that the FLDSMDFR was up there, but we were too far down to see it.

But I did notice it was surrounded by crystal pillars of different colours. "The FLDSMDFR must be up there," I realized.

Feeling the invention start to come off my head, I was being pulled to the edge by it, almost stepping over it.

"Flint!" Bella cried, holding me back by grabbing my L.I.V.E Corp backpack, causing the machine to fly off my head, falling into the darkness below, and hitting a few crystal pillars on the way down.

A moment later, we heard a splash below, signalling to us that there was water down there. Bella stepped beside me. "You okay?" she asked, letting go of my bag.

I hummed in response, staring down at the darkness below us.

"A very unpleasant fall," Tom commented, he and Cyn looking over the edge.

Chester turned to us. "Finish the job, Lockwood, Deirdre,"

The two of us nodded. "Yes sir," we replied.

I took off my backpack, dropping it on the ground, but Bella kept her's on.

"Also, take Cyn with you," Tom added, holding out Cyn for us.

"I am not a child," Cyn huffed, rolling her eyes.

"Don't worry, hold onto my backpack," Bella offered.

"Leap. Hold on," Cyn leapt onto her bag, holding on tightly.

We stepped to the edge, getting ready to jump across. Taking a deep breath, I jumped across but I ended up falling. "Whoa. Ahh!" I screamed.

Luckily, I managed to catch myself on one of the crystal pillars. Catching my breath, I glanced over to see Bella jumping onto a lower one, getting to the top of the pillar before leaping onto one next to mine.

Sighing in relief, I climbed up to the top of the green crystal pillar, gripping the top of it. Looking back, I spotted Chester giving me a thumbs up to check if I was okay.

I sent him a smile and a thumbs up back. I managed to pull myself on top of the pillar, standing on it. Bella jumped onto a pink one, getting closer to the large island platform.

Taking another leap, I landed on a blue crystal pillar. "Whoa! Oh!" I felt myself about to fall off but I managed to leap onto another one, but I landed face-first into it.

It hurt like a motherload, but I was fine.

Soon enough, Bella, Cyn, and I managed to get to the island. Pulling myself onto the edge, I looked back to Chester, Barb, and Tom. "Made it!" I informed them before we climbed inside.