| Ep 39 |

"I could get used to this," Tyler mumbles against my lips, running a gentle hand along my arm.

I laugh softly, combing my fingers through his hair as we slowly make out in my car. It had been about ten minutes since I parked in front of the school, but we had some time to spare before class started.

He didn't seem to mind the lack of space in the front seat, practically leaning over the console to reach me.

I giggled as he shifted into a playful demeanor, showering my face with pecks and light kisses. He inches his face away, taking a moment to admire the flustered state he left me in,

"You're so cute," He grins before poking at my sides. I jerk away and try to push him off,

"Tyler!" He muffles my laughs with another series of kisses, "Stop! That tickles- Ty!"

KNOCK! KNOCK!

Tyler retracts his hands from my sides, glancing up at the driver's side window. When his eyes widen, I spin my head around and gasp when I see Ben smirking down at us. I lightly push Tyler off and roll the window down, innocently tilting my head up at the brunette,

"Morning, Ben!"

He raises a brow, bending down to eye Tyler, who was shrinking away in the passenger seat. I hear Ben click his tongue before lifting up his sketchbook,

Took you guys long enough ;)

I bury my face in my hands and I hear Tyler grumble, "Shut up, Ben!"

We hop out of my car and walk with Ben to the school's entrance, where we find the other four lingering by the steps. I bite my inner cheek, not sure of how this is going to play out. It isn't that I'm afraid my friends aren't going to like the idea of Tyler and I being together, I just don't know how Tyler's going to want to tell them. The last thing I want is for this to corrupt our group's dynamic.

But my question is answered when I feel his hand wrap around my own, squeezing it lightly. We approach the group and Tyler doesn't even seem fazed or worried.

Taylor's the first to notice us at the bottom of the steps, walking over to us, "There you guys are!"

"Tay." Tyler says from beside me, slowly raising our interlocked hands.

I watch her eyes light up before shoving her brother's chest, "I told you so, you idiot! I was right!"

He scoffs, turning his head away as he rolls his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. Rub it in, sis."

Taylor turns to me, yanking me away from Tyler and bringing me in for a hug, "Oh, I have waited years for this! You guys are both such idiots!"

I try to catch a breath, overwhelmed by how tight she was squeezing me, "Tay-! Too tight!"

"Oh!" She steps away, "Sorry!"

She then drags Tyler away to poke and prod at him for details, making me chuckle. I look over a few steps above to find Aiden and Ashlyn sitting at opposite ends, in their own little worlds. Ben comes into my line of vision, shaking his head at me.

I furrow my brows, wondering what they were thinking about. They seemed fine in the group chat last night and this morning. Perhaps, they were still shaken up from what happened in the phantom dimension. But it isn't like Aiden to get lost in his own head.

I make my way over and kneel down before Ash, "How's that head of yours?"

She glances up at me, giving a half-assed smile, "Not bad, I just keep getting these annoying headaches."

Tyler speaks up from behind, "Let's head to class already."

I help Ashlyn up and pat her shoulder, before falling in step with Tyler. We all entered the school building together. I pursed my lips when I caught a glance of Ashlyn and Aiden lingering in the back of the group, not muttering a word to each other.