20

Blair POV.

The servants at Sea of Clouds are quite interesting. They follow me wherever I go, as if they are afraid I might run away at any moment. After I finish eating, a servant immediately comes to clear the dishes.

Not in a hurry to get up, I look up and ask her, "Where is your master? Why doesn't he come to watch over me himself?"

The servant senses the sarcasm in my words and hesitates with the plate, until the butler comes over and tells me that George is in the hospital.

"Oh? Is he not going to live long?" I curl my lips, "That's really good news."

The room suddenly becomes so quiet that a pindrop can be heard.

The servants exchange glances, but the butler remains calm, "Miss Chloe's grandfather, Mr. Smith, is critically ill. The situation is urgent now."

"Oh." I nod, "He's backing up his fiancée."

The room remains quiet.

I stretch lazily and return to bedroom to lie down.

I wonder if every wealthy family has to deal with messy ethical issues.

The Emerson family is like this, and so is the Smith family.

The Smith Group was created by Chloe's grandfather. However, none of his children had any ambition, so he decided to entrust his life's work to his granddaughter Chloe.

It's said that Mr. Smith brought Chloe into the company while she was still in high school. Chloe did well and started a business with the five million euros her grandfather gave her in college, earning a hundred million in a year.

She is very capable, but unfortunately, she is a woman. In the eyes of many, women will eventually get married, and their children will bear another's surname.

Therefore, women are deemed useless.

Since Mr. Smith was hospitalized, Chloe's two cousins, one who loves gambling and the other who loves prostitution, have repeatedly caused trouble, trying to seize the family assets from Chloe.

So I think George definitely won't be back tonight.

I continue lying in bed, chatting with Barbara when I'm bored. If Barbara doesn't answer, I bother Antonio.

Later, a servant knocks on the door, saying dinner is ready. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, but I have no appetite, so I stay in my room, turn off the lights, and sleep.

I don't sleep well, feeling like I'm falling into dark lake water again. The water from the depths rushes towards me, bubbles hitting my face. Just when I'm struggling to breathe, a hand suddenly touches my cheek.

Warmth surrounds me, and I wake up to see George's face beside my bed.

"You didn't eat dinner?" he asks. "I had them make some fruit salad. Do you want to try it?"

I sit up silently, take the bowl, and eat a piece of apple and pineapple with a fork.

"I'm full." I hand the bowl back to him and turn to sleep again.

The blanket is suddenly lifted, and the next moment, my back feels warm.

"I'll sleep with you," he says.

We did everything we shouldn't have done last night, and now I'm too lazy to resist, so I let him hold me.

My body is a bit cold, so he clamps my feet between his legs, his warm hands stroking my arm.

When he feels my empty ring finger, he asks in my ear, "Where's the ring?"

"I don't want to wear it," I reply, not very nicely.